Page 39 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Hi there.. I agree with the posters that it is time you seek help. When you start thinking you have the qualifications and knowledge over a trained doctor to do your own exam, it’s time to move forward. Look I have been there and still sometimes worry about my cervix also. However I actually have hpv 16 and have had abnormal results a biopsy the whole enchilada. Luckily I’m being closely monitored so IF something bad were to pop up, my docs will catch it. Your doctor hasn’t found a thing for you to be worried about. It is a huge liability for them to miss anything remotely sinister. I spent a loooooot of time and tears worrying about this too but believe me, this is one of the most treatable things ever because if you get even a hint of anything bad the doctors go above and beyond to treat it or observe it. It’s actually put my mind at ease knowing I have a professional medical team in charge of that part of my health. One less thing to worry over I guess. I still get anxiety before a Pap smear and don’t get me wrong I have my irrational days too but believe me... you having normal results is the best and only news you need. You don’t need to be checking your cervix. You are not a doctor or close to being one... you have noooo idea what you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie84 View Post
    Hi there.. I agree with the posters that it is time you seek help. When you start thinking you have the qualifications and knowledge over a trained doctor to do your own exam, it’s time to move forward. Look I have been there and still sometimes worry about my cervix also. However I actually have hpv 16 and have had abnormal results a biopsy the whole enchilada. Luckily I’m being closely monitored so IF something bad were to pop up, my docs will catch it. Your doctor hasn’t found a thing for you to be worried about. It is a huge liability for them to miss anything remotely sinister. I spent a loooooot of time and tears worrying about this too but believe me, this is one of the most treatable things ever because if you get even a hint of anything bad the doctors go above and beyond to treat it or observe it. It’s actually put my mind at ease knowing I have a professional medical team in charge of that part of my health. One less thing to worry over I guess. I still get anxiety before a Pap smear and don’t get me wrong I have my irrational days too but believe me... you having normal results is the best and only news you need. You don’t need to be checking your cervix. You are not a doctor or close to being one... you have noooo idea what you’re looking for.
    Thanks Goldie. I'm sorry you've had those scares. Thank you for commenting... I hope nothing I've said has upset you. And, yes, I've not actually been diagnosed with anything yet so perhaps I'm being silly. I just keep thinking it could be an adenocarcinoma so could have been missed at my smear a year ago. I've never been professionally tested for HPV, but I guess the home tests have to be pretty accurate or they wouldn't be able to sell them. Still, I don't know for sure. And adenocarcinomas are less likely to be caused my HPV anyway.

I guess the weird looking lesion coupled with the strange prickling and aching pelvic pains, and the lower back ache, seems to point to one thing. Anyway, gynecologist on Monday. I just have to try to be calm and be ready to accept the worst, should that happen. Haven't taken any diazepam for ages, just taking 200mg of 5HTP a day and listening to some meditation and hypnosis tracks, but I think Monday might be a 12mg diazepam day!

So I want going to post on this but now think I may as well!
    I’m a practice nurse and do at least 10 smears a day. I can tell you some facts. Firstly no ones cervix looks the same as someone else’s and before you go yourself worked up about this you don’t know what it looked like before. An ectropian would look white red smooth rough or scabby depending on many factors. Slot of ladies bleed after a smear and that’s usually down to the pressure exerted by the person taking the shear. I have had extensive training in taking smears and I’ve never heard of taking them yourself at home or recommending companies who do home testing. I suspect the reason why you have all these other symptoms is due to your anxiety. Like a lot of us on here including myself when you worry about something you also add in all associated symptoms which I’m sure you 100% feel but your also jumping to conclusions about what theit mean. You will have a smear, get your results in a few weeks and if there is anything remotely wrong you will be directly referred to colposcopy for further testing. You will never get a letter saying you have cervical cancer and your results do not mean you have cancer. What it will say is that you have it do not have hpv and a grading for cin which means you have pre cancerous cells. This is the way the nhs works in the uk. I hope this has cleared things up but as you’ve said your going to gynaecology on Monday so hopefully they will put your mind at rest. I apologise if others have said this or I have confused some of the issues but I didn’t have the time to read through 300 plus posts xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    So I want going to post on this but now think I may as well!
    I’m a practice nurse and do at least 10 smears a day. I can tell you some facts. Firstly no ones cervix looks the same as someone else’s and before you go yourself worked up about this you don’t know what it looked like before. An ectropian would look white red smooth rough or scabby depending on many factors. Slot of ladies bleed after a smear and that’s usually down to the pressure exerted by the person taking the shear. I have had extensive training in taking smears and I’ve never heard of taking them yourself at home or recommending companies who do home testing. I suspect the reason why you have all these other symptoms is due to your anxiety. Like a lot of us on here including myself when you worry about something you also add in all associated symptoms which I’m sure you 100% feel but your also jumping to conclusions about what theit mean. You will have a smear, get your results in a few weeks and if there is anything remotely wrong you will be directly referred to colposcopy for further testing. You will never get a letter saying you have cervical cancer and your results do not mean you have cancer. What it will say is that you have it do not have hpv and a grading for cin which means you have pre cancerous cells. This is the way the nhs works in the uk. I hope this has cleared things up but as you’ve said your going to gynaecology on Monday so hopefully they will put your mind at rest. I apologise if others have said this or I have confused some of the issues but I didn’t have the time to read through 300 plus posts xxx
    Thank you very much Blonde, it's useful to hear your opinion as a professional. I don't know what the gynecologist will do but I don't think I'll be able to have a smear because I'll be on my period. I'm not sure about these pelvic / lower back sensations. I have considered the possibility of PID / endometriosis / anxiety but it's hard not to link them to the cervical lesion. I first noticed them a month or two ago I guess, before cervical cancer was even on my mind. I thought it was a post-miscarriage thing, but they seem more noticeable now instead of less! I just have a bad feeling about the gyne appointment. Like something bad will happen. Anyway, we shall see.

So the gynecologist didn't go as badly as I thought, but I didn't really get any answers either.

I woke up in the night feeling terrible. I could sort of feel my own death and was just thinking "oh god this really is going to happen". But I managed to go back to sleep... I'm not religious, but I actually just repeated the Lord's Prayer over and over until I drifted off! In the morning I took 12mg diazepam which did help.

Unfortunately my period was too heavy for an examination, as suspected. So I'm going back in next Tuesday. However, he looked at my photos and said it looked like a "mild ectropion" which amazed me because I thought it looked much worse than others I'd seen. He said the nabothian cysts were caused by inflammation, not necessarily infection, most likely hormonal. He said based on the pictures and my three clear smears in the past it was very, very, very (yes, three verys) unlikely to be cancer or even precancer. However, they need to look properly and probably do a smear next week.

So at the moment I do feel better. Relieved I didn't get a bad diagnosis, anyway. I must say I didn't tell him about my pelvic sensations or weight loss but there didn't seem much point since he couldn't examine me then and since I'm being examined next week anyway.

I'm very used to this process of feeling a bit relieved, and then returning to anxiety... probably by tomorrow. But at least right now I'm feeling ok.

One thing he said that confused me. He said that as standard now they would test for HPV during my normal smear and would have done in December. If I'd had HPV then I'd have been referred for colposcopy. However, I was certain that they only tested for HPV if you had abnormal cells, which I didn't. Even my GP seemed to think this. So I'm not sure. Does anyone know for sure? Maybe Blonde?
    Last edited by O_O; 27-11-17 at 11:06.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    So at the moment I do feel better. Relieved I didn't get a bad diagnosis, anyway. I must say I didn't tell him about my pelvic sensations or weight loss but there didn't seem much point since he couldn't examine me then and since I'm being examined next week anyway.

I'm very used to this process of feeling a bit relieved, and then returning to anxiety... probably by tomorrow. But at least right now I'm feeling ok.
    I do believe you qualify for a "Told ya so!"

However, your last sentence sums it all up: unless your core beliefs and underlying anxiety is tackled, this cycle of HA will continue.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hope so KK! But let's see what they say when they examine me on Tuesday. And I'll need to wait for the results of whatever tests they do... hope that won't take too long.

Hi O_O this is good news so hang on to that KK is right you need to tackle your deep rooted HA too ATB

12mg of diazepam?! Blimey, I can't get anyone to give me more than 5mg...

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    12mg of diazepam?! Blimey, I can't get anyone to give me more than 5mg...
    Well, I have a packet of 2mg tabs but I hardly ever take them. Only before an appointment. And when I do, I'll take 5 or 6 tablets because nothing else touches me! I think my doctor knows I won't become dependent because I only take them infrequently.

But to be honest I think I'm just going to ask for 10mg tablets or maybe some Xanax. Taking them regularly would obviously be a bad idea so however awful I'm feeling I try not to. But once every couple of weeks, before an important appointment, I think it's necessary for me!

You mean they won't give you more than 5mg at a time?

Page 39 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread Information