Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

O_O - sometimes a camera's flash makes things look slightly different colours. I remember when I was worried about my throat in the beginning of 2016, I took photos of my throat with my phone camera with the flash on. Some parts of my throat appeared whiteish which freaked me out further and sent me googling. Strange thing, without the flash on, my throat just looked normal pink. I asked the doctor and dentist to look at it and they said everything was completely normal.

If you have had a normal cervical smear done 9 months ago, it would be virtually unheard of to present with cervival cancer with obvious patches just now. You have had a recent miscarriage which can irritate the cervix. I take it you were trying to examine your cervix to see if you were close to having your cycle back. For all those posters who are horrified by that, if you go on any pregnancy forums, some women who are trying to fall pregnant, especially after a loss, can get a bit worried and track cycles, egg white mucus and cervix position. Men on this site, possibly forget everything you have read on this post!! O_O checking your cervix can irritate things. I have no idea where you got a speculum from but get rid of it now! Doctors use fresh ones when doing examinations, even if you think you are cleaning it properly, you could cause an infection up there. Certainly not what you want when trying to fall pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you fall pregnant again soon. Go to the doctors again after your period to put your mind at rest, but I'm sure all is completely normal.

Thank you so much snowflake. I know exactly how much it sounds irrational to others, but of all the health concerns I've ever had this one seems the most likely based on symptoms. I just can't see what else a white lesion on the cervix would be. Particularly with the ectropion... which I guess may actually be cancer. I think the best I'm hoping for is CIN, but I'm not sure that would be visible to the naked eye.

I know what you mean about being unable to concentrate. Sometimes if I take about 8mg of diazepam I am able to read or watch TV for a bit. Otherwise, I simply cannot. I'll spend hours just sitting there, or googling. Sometimes I can drag myself on a walk, or even run a bit, but it doesn't really help. Not healthy, I know, but it seems impossible to change.

Poppy, unfortunately I can see the white patch with my naked eye in the mirror. That's why I took the photos, to show the doctor. I don't know how she could have missed it. I've been tested for infection and it's all fine. Honestly, I'd love it if this was some kind of infection!

Smears are only about 80% accurate. Particularly if the cancer starts in the cervical canal. Plus, I don't know if I had the ectropion last time, but if I did then the nurse could easily have just sampled cells from there and missed the transformation zone... where cancer usually develops.

I'm definitely not going to try to conceive again any time soon. Even if I don't have cancer. This experience has messed me up much more than it should have and I'm really not stable.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thank you so much snowflake. I know exactly how much it sounds irrational to others, but of all the health concerns I've ever had this one seems the most likely based on symptoms. I just can't see what else a white lesion on the cervix would be. Particularly with the ectropion... which I guess may actually be cancer. I think the best I'm hoping for is CIN, but I'm not sure that would be visible to the naked eye.

I know what you mean about being unable to concentrate. Sometimes if I take about 8mg of diazepam I am able to read or watch TV for a bit. Otherwise, I simply cannot. I'll spend hours just sitting there, or googling. Sometimes I can drag myself on a walk, or even run a bit, but it doesn't really help. Not healthy, I know, but it seems impossible to change.

Poppy, unfortunately I can see the white patch with my naked eye in the mirror. That's why I took the photos, to show the doctor. I don't know how she could have missed it. I've been tested for infection and it's all fine. Honestly, I'd love it if this was some kind of infection!

Smears are only about 80% accurate. Particularly if the cancer starts in the cervical canal. Plus, I don't know if I had the ectropion last time, but if I did then the nurse could easily have just sampled cells from there and missed the transformation zone... where cancer usually develops.

I'm definitely not going to try to conceive again any time soon. Even if I don't have cancer. This experience has messed me up much more than it should have and I'm really not stable.
    I really feel for you so much, I don't mean that to come across in any way like I am pitying you or being condescending - I just REALLY understand what this is like and how torturous it is.

Are you under any sort of mental health team at the moment? If so, it might be worth getting in touch with them and seeing if you can access some support. Even just speaking to a nurse on the phone can really help.

With regard to your cervix issues, I don't have much experience of these things but I DO relate to the fear. I am so scared of the c-word I showed up months early for my smear and they told me to come back in January and now I am worrying "what if they miss something'.

I am sure you will be ok lovely, I know how horrible this is and I also know that no matter how many times you hear the words "don't worry" you will still worry, I am exactly the same.

You can and will get through this. Our brains are powerful enough to beat this.

Always here for you x

How can you see your cervix in the mirror? It is 3 inches deep and even then it would more than likely be a blur because of how far back it is.

I really wish you the best and your appointment goes well but please mention to your doctor next time you go how bad your health anxiety is getting maybe show them your post history and let them know how bad you're suffering with this.

I know it must be scary finding something on your cervix but there is so many other answers for this, I don't mean to be rude but have you been tested for stis etc? I know most sti results take a while to come back so guessing that's going to happen?

You shouldn't put on here that smear tests aren't accurate that could really make someone worry about cervical cancer, they are really quite accurate and have saved so many life's surely that's a more positive than a 20% chance it isn't accurate.

You are literally fighting everyone's suggestions and always come back with a bad thing to say, I know this is your health anxiety but how are we supposed to help if you reject what we are saying?

If you had a miscarriage the likeliness is you are just suffering a bit from the whole trauma things can change down there massively when I had my miscarriage if I looked down there I probably would of spotted something weird because a miscarriage is a massive thing and you need help with it because it is going to mentally scar you if you don't.

I really do feel for you but please just throw away that tool you have you have no idea how to use it properly etc and if you end up damaging yourself you will end up with more pain and more worry, is it really worth it? Also the cervix is sensitive you don't want to allow any germs to touch the area or anything like that especially as you're on your period.

Have you spoken to your partner or mum about your worries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    How can you see your cervix in the mirror? It is 3 inches deep and even then it would more than likely be a blur because of how far back it is.

I really wish you the best and your appointment goes well but please mention to your doctor next time you go how bad your health anxiety is getting maybe show them your post history and let them know how bad you're suffering with this.

I know it must be scary finding something on your cervix but there is so many other answers for this, I don't mean to be rude but have you been tested for stis etc? I know most sti results take a while to come back so guessing that's going to happen?

You shouldn't put on here that smear tests aren't accurate that could really make someone worry about cervical cancer, they are really quite accurate and have saved so many life's surely that's a more positive than a 20% chance it isn't accurate.

You are literally fighting everyone's suggestions and always come back with a bad thing to say, I know this is your health anxiety but how are we supposed to help if you reject what we are saying?

If you had a miscarriage the likeliness is you are just suffering a bit from the whole trauma things can change down there massively when I had my miscarriage if I looked down there I probably would of spotted something weird because a miscarriage is a massive thing and you need help with it because it is going to mentally scar you if you don't.

I really do feel for you but please just throw away that tool you have you have no idea how to use it properly etc and if you end up damaging yourself you will end up with more pain and more worry, is it really worth it? Also the cervix is sensitive you don't want to allow any germs to touch the area or anything like that especially as you're on your period.

Have you spoken to your partner or mum about your worries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really easy to see with a speculum, mirror and bright light. It's what all the girls on the cervix project do.

My doctor is aware of my health anxiety but is taking this seriously. She did say my actions are extreme... which I accept. Worth it if I caught the cancer though. Otherwise it would have gone unnoticed for a further two years.

It is true that smears are only 80% effective. That's why you should get an HPV test too if possible.

My mother is more than aware of my anxiety, but even she is taking the cervical thing seriously. I don't have a partner.

I would genuinely post the photos here so you could see what I'm on about! Is that even allowed? Would everyone freak out? They're obviously very graphic.

On the plus side, HCG is down to 2 and obviously my period has started... so I can finally move on from the miscarriage.

Legitimately may have cervical cancer

I don't think you should post the pictures, I have a idea what you're on about though..

Glad you're being took seriously.

I don't think you should post the pictures, I have a idea what you're on about though..

Glad you're being took seriously.
    Have you had cervical changes in the past too?

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Have you had cervical changes in the past too?

Nope, although a friend of mine had a smear test and her cancer got found at stage 1a, which proves to me these things are incredibly useful and life saving compared to the 20% where it couldn't be accurate.

Nope, although a friend of mine had a smear test and her cancer got found at stage 1a, which proves to me these things are incredibly useful and life saving compared to the 20% where it couldn't be accurate.
    Oh they definitely are useful, yes. That's why I've always had them. But they can miss things. And I think that's what happened here.

What made you buy a speculum? Not sure why anyone who is not a medical professional should have one.

Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information