Page 40 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Well, I have a packet of 2mg tabs but I hardly ever take them. Only before an appointment. And when I do, I'll take 5 or 6 tablets because nothing else touches me! I think my doctor knows I won't become dependent because I only take them infrequently.

But to be honest I think I'm just going to ask for 10mg tablets or maybe some Xanax. Taking them regularly would obviously be a bad idea so however awful I'm feeling I try not to. But once every couple of weeks, before an important appointment, I think it's necessary for me!

You mean they won't give you more than 5mg at a time?
    Sounds like we're using them in different ways. I've just been prescribed 5mg twice a day to get me through a bit of a relapse. Prior to that, I didn't have or need any. I'm taking them more frequently than you at the moment so it's a different situation.

I'll tell you what - if benzos didn't come with issues of dependence and tolerance, they'd be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Sounds like we're using them in different ways. I've just been prescribed 5mg twice a day to get me through a bit of a relapse. Prior to that, I didn't have or need any. I'm taking them more frequently than you at the moment so it's a different situation.

I'll tell you what - if benzos didn't come with issues of dependence and tolerance, they'd be a godsend.
    I know! I feel so wretched for pretty much every second of every day and I'd love to be able to just stuff myself with benzos. But I know I'd get hooked, and they wouldn't be as effective when I really need them... such as days when I think I'm going to get a cancer diagnosis. So I basically just take 5HTP (jury still out on these), listen to meditation and hypnosis tracks, and basically just sit in bed the rest of the time. Living it up.

If you're just taking 10mg a day for a few weeks to get you through this patch I reckon that should be fine though. But yeah I guess you'll need the SSRI to help you out if your mood stays low. I hope you feel better soon.

Xanax isn't prescribed on the NHS any more here but you'd get it if you saw a private psychiatrist!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Xanax isn't prescribed on the NHS any more here but you'd get it if you saw a private psychiatrist!
    My mum has found a private psychiatrist nearby, so I might start with her. If only for the Xanax...

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A few years ago, I asked my GP for Xanax or Clonazepam and he said he could only give me a couple of weeks' worth of 2mg Diazepam. I laughed and left.

Then I decided to go to a private GP. When I said I needed benzos, due to very stressful circumstances, he said, "Which one would you like?"

I left with a script for Alprazolam (Xanax).

Never Surrender, Comrade

Alprazolam was the only med to help my daughter when she was younger. It's great stuff when you really need it.

Hi, I didn’t think they would poke you too much as you can’t do a smear or swabs if there’s too much blood or discharge. It contaminated and dilutes the sample and then the lab get a sample of gunk not cervical cells. You will have already been tested for hpv your gynae is correct. It has automatically been done with the smear as standard for some years without patients knowing about it so relax he is perfectly correct. The issue with gps not knowing is they don’t all go for update training as all smear takers are required to do. As the majority of smear takers are nurses they usually are the most up to date for info etc. It’s like asking a gp to take blood, they could but their skills would be seriously out of date!! I’m glad your feeling better xx

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    Hi, I didn’t think they would poke you too much as you can’t do a smear or swabs if there’s too much blood or discharge. It contaminated and dilutes the sample and then the lab get a sample of gunk not cervical cells. You will have already been tested for hpv your gynae is correct. It has automatically been done with the smear as standard for some years without patients knowing about it so relax he is perfectly correct. The issue with gps not knowing is they don’t all go for update training as all smear takers are required to do. As the majority of smear takers are nurses they usually are the most up to date for info etc. It’s like asking a gp to take blood, they could but their skills would be seriously out of date!! I’m glad your feeling better xx
    Ah, thanks! I was confused because, yes, at first my GP thought I would have been tested for HPV in December. So she tried to call up my HPV results but they weren't there. Then she said that actually I hadn't been tested for HPV because my cells hadn't been abnormal. So I don't know!? Is it the case that I would have been tested for HPV but it wouldn't have been specifically recorded because everything was fine? And I'd just have got the 'normal' result without any details? Sorry for the questions.

Anyway, I guess I'll get another smear on Tuesday. Which should be conclusive one way or another.

There are stronger benzos available on the NHS than Diazepam so there may be other options than paying to go private.

You might need a psychiatrist to prescribe them though as GP's may be twitchy over them. But for severe anxiety episodes, they are an option.

Do you take someone to appointments with you or are you able to retain information even with so much diaz in your system?

If your mother has contacts of a private psychiatrist, hopefully she will get you the professional help you need.

Has she read your post on here?

Page 40 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread Information