Page 41 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Do you take someone to appointments with you or are you able to retain information even with so much diaz in your system?

If your mother has contacts of a private psychiatrist, hopefully she will get you the professional help you need.

Has she read your post on here?
    My mother came. But I'm pretty lucid on diazepam. I seem oddly resistant to it. It was the same even the first time I took it, it's not that I've become resistant over time. Just calms me down a bit.

I'm glad your doctor was not concerned. I hope next week goes smoothly!

Thats good

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post

If your mother has contacts of a private psychiatrist, hopefully she will get you the professional help you need.

Has she read your post on here?
    And your mum?

Thank you swgrl, me too!

Oh sorry Elen, no, she hasn't read my posts on here but she basically knows the deal. She knows I'm a mess. Although it transpires that the psychiatrist she found is actually another clinical psychologist. She is going to look into it though.

I normally hate people doing things for me because I don't really trust anyone... like with the miscarriage, I wouldn't let anyone help and tried to organise everything by myself. I think that's part of what broke me, because it was so stressful and I felt like I was standing alone against a million obstacles fighting for my life. I wouldn't even see my mother for weeks because I didn't want her to see me in such a state. But since then I've sort of crumpled and become the opposite and I can't / won't do anything for myself. Very strange.

I honestly think that she should read this.

Nothing we are saying appears to be helping at all and perhaps she will have some insight that will help you.

This is not about your symptoms but your mental health which is way off kilter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinttu View Post
    The only one that can really help you is you. I was very scared and had the exact same thoughts how fate would punish me if I gave in and admitted I only suffered from HA yet I still went and told the doctors how terrified I am of having a cancer and told them this could be because I recently lost my father. I understand how you feel but you should at some point just force yourself to get the help you need or otherwise you will soon have another reason to worry about cancer.

Gosh I agree 100%. My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney cancer and I then shortly after became obsessed with every tiny ache and pain.
    I took myself off to a psychiatrist and there was no way I was letting HA steal anything else from my life.
    That was 4 years ago - I’ve never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Tanya, sound advice. We do have to take responsibility for our own sanity if at all possible.

I've been following this thread and I wonder if Jenny has had encouragement with her predicament from fellow HA sufferers, the 'oxygen of publicity' as it were. Getting all this attention from faceless, nameless strangers can be more persuasive than actually stopping and realising that the smart thing to do is to actually listen to the experts.

I found it very interesting a while ago to think that Jenny would rather share all this on an anxiety forum than a gynae one. Maybe they're not so touchy feely over there...

Really hoping Jenny and all the HA sufferers realise that it's actually pointless stressing about something you've been told officially is nothing or almost certainly is nothing. Very often these people are very young, they can't even imagine being in their 50s and older, when the likelihood of being ill is far greater.

Too many young people are genuinely very ill. They would do anything to swap places with someone who is healthy.
    Last edited by Violet Blue; 29-11-17 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Blue View Post
    Well done Tanya, sound advice. We do have to take responsibility for our own sanity if at all possible.

I've been following this thread and I wonder if Jenny has had encouragement with her predicament from fellow HA sufferers, the 'oxygen of publicity' as it were. Getting all this attention from faceless, nameless strangers can be more persuasive than actually stopping and realising that the smart thing to do is to actually listen to the experts.

I found it very interesting a while ago to think that Jenny would rather share all this on an anxiety forum than a gynae one. Maybe they're not so touchy feely over there...

Really hoping Jenny and all the HA sufferers realise that it's actually pointless stressing about something you've been told officially is nothing or almost certainly is nothing. Very often these people are very young, they can't even imagine being in their 50s and older, when the likelihood of being ill is far greater.

Too many young people are genuinely very ill. They would do anything to swap places with someone who is healthy.

Indeed Violet.
    I used to be a nurse in a hospice - we cared for many terminally ill people under 30 years of age. Life is short - easier says than done I know but, enjoy life, don’t waste it worrying about what might happen ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Blue View Post

What a great post, Violet, although you may be shot down in flames for daring to voice some of these views. I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    My mother came. But I'm pretty lucid on diazepam. I seem oddly resistant to it. It was the same even the first time I took it, it's not that I've become resistant over time. Just calms me down a bit.
    You aren’t resistant to it. Believing that is your first mistake. It’s highly addictive. I used to take it when my anxiety was sky high or whilst waiting to have a medical test. Then when it was over I would stop taking it. I was only on 5mg and I only took it for a brief period of time. I knew I would get addicted to it and that kept me away from it.

Page 41 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread Information