Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    Nope, although a friend of mine had a smear test and her cancer got found at stage 1a, which proves to me these things are incredibly useful and life saving compared to the 20% where it couldn't be accurate.
    That happened to my mum too Ellie. Caught it really early because of her smear test. OP I know you are going through a lot, but please think a little more about others here who might be reading this when you post about smear tests. It takes so little to place doubt in someone's mind. I'm not sure what you hope to gain by repeatedly posting those stats apart from bolstering the self-justification for not believing your doctors and smear test results.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    That happened to my mum too Ellie. Caught it really early because of her smear test. OP I know you are going through a lot, but please think a little more about others here who might be reading this when you post about smear tests. It takes so little to place doubt in someone's mind. I'm not sure what you hope to gain by repeatedly posting those stats apart from bolstering the self-justification for not believing your doctors and smear test results.

I hope everything is okay now with your mum? They are incredibly useful I've never heard of anyone saying they're only 80% accurate but haven't looked either, you have to trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry anyone. Yes, cervical smears are a very useful tool for picking up precancerous changes and are usually accurate. I don't advocate self examination really. I get it's mental. I do think that there's no harm asking for an HPV test too when you get your smear. And I would say that if you are having symptoms of cervical cancer you should still consult your doctor, even after a clear smear.

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    I hope everything is okay now with your mum? They are incredibly useful I've never heard of anyone saying they're only 80% accurate but haven't looked either, you have to trust them.
    Yes she's fine thanks for asking Ellie . It was a long time ago and she's in her seventies now and in fine form. The cancer has never come back thankfully.

So I went and asked another gynecologist on DoctorSpring, and sent the photos, and she said it didn't resemble cancer or precancer. She mentioned that the whitish area was an area containing Nabothian follicles / cysts.

So I'm really sorry everybody if it turns out I was just being completely mental again.

I'm still not 100% convinced that it's not cancer or pre-cancer, but I'm open to the idea. My doctor is still going to examine me on Monday once my period has gone.

I really hope it's ok. Thank you everyone for your responses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    So I went and asked another gynecologist on DoctorSpring, and sent the photos, and she said it didn't resemble cancer or precancer. She mentioned that the whitish area was an area containing Nabothian follicles / cysts.

So I'm really sorry everybody if it turns out I was just being completely mental again.

I'm still not 100% convinced that it's not cancer or pre-cancer, but I'm open to the idea. My doctor is still going to examine me on Monday once my period has gone.

I really hope it's ok. Thank you everyone for your responses so far.
    I have a "Told ya so" all ready... KK may join in and spread left over festive Halloween "Told ya so's" as well...

Positive thoughts and snack size candy!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Unfortunately spiralling again today. I think the online doctors probably just say "it's fine" to everyone unless it's something like they're bleeding from their eyes.

I really want to self examine again but I'm trying not to.

Monday feels like such a long time to wait and I'm so scared that she's going to look again and see what I'm on about this time and say I do need to go for a biopsy. I think last time she maybe did see it but just thought it was mucus or reflection or something. She even mentioned that there was some mucus and took a swab (clear for infection).

I'm going to ask for an HPV test too and I wouldn't be surprised if I have high risk HPV 16 and/or 18. The last man I was with has been with hundreds of women and some of them were ex-strippers and stuff so could easily have high risk HPV.

One of the online doctors mentioned Nabothian follicles, but it's more of a whitish lump / outline than follicles. I did consult another doctor on JustDoc again today who wasn't as informative but just said it looked like ectropion but cancer wasn't always visible to the naked eye so I should get a colposcopy. When I asked her again about the white bits she didn't really comment and just said there was nothing pointing towards cancer. I just found that response not very detailed though.

Also I think they're more dismissive because I've said I've had clear smears. I really don't want to worry anybody with this, but the fact is that if your cancer starts inside the cervical canal it really can easily be missed by a smear. I'm not saying don't have smears, because they are very valuable most of the time, but things like adenocarcinomas can be missed. So I could have been clear last smear and since then the cancer could have emerged to the surface.

What I want to happen is for my doctor to look again and say it's nothing and for me to accept that. I would ask for an HPV test anyway, and if that was negative for high risk HPV that would be great. But it seems too much to hope for.

Unbelievably I've even considered making my own acetic acid solution and applying it to my cervix to check for acetowhite lesions. I've managed to prevent myself from doing that so far because I really wouldn't know what I was looking at there.

Taken 6mg diazepam. Trying not to over medicate.
    Last edited by O_O; 02-11-17 at 12:13.

I wouldn't waste your time with online doctors. They "practise" online for a reason-to prey on the HA vulnerable. Who knows what their credentials or qualifications are really?

Waiting is hard but it's a lot better to consult with someone you can see and who can see and examine you in real life.

You know how dangerous it would be to attempt to self-medicate. I have a friend who did this and ended up with severe self-induced health problems when her actual issue was with her flawed thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wouldn't waste your time with online doctors. They "practise" online for a reason-to prey on the HA vulnerable. Who knows what their credentials or qualifications are really?

Waiting is hard but it's a lot better to consult with someone you can see and who can see and examine you in real life.

You know how dangerous it would be to attempt to self-medicate. I have a friend who did this and ended up with severe self-induced health problems when her actual issue was with her flawed thinking.
    I do only use reputable sites though. All the doctors have good credentials and obviously real-life practices, but they just use the online sites in their spare time for a bit of extra easy money I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Unbelievably I've even considered making my own acetic acid solution and applying it to my cervix to check for acetowhite lesions. I've managed to prevent myself from doing that so far because I really wouldn't know what I was looking at there.
    Worries me that you're saying prevented yourself from doing this SO FAR. Please do not do this. It's really dangerous.

Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information