Thread: Are you often sick on a morning?

Are you often sick on a morning?

Hi Everyone.

I researched something this morning that has been buzzing round in my psyche for a while, and wanted to share with those of you who are regularly sick or retching as soon as they get up, and attribute it soley to the dreaded morning feeling. Its hard not to when you are hit with it almost as soon as your eyes open, and its then hard not to think a bad start means a whole bad day, which by the way I try very hard not to do, but it doesnīt always work, specially when the nausea goes on and on.

However , I recently realised that I suffer from allergies. It took me ages to join the dots on that one, but there had to be a reason that for at least the last 3 weeks I have been feeling like I have a cold starting, but it never turns into one. Yet all the symptoms are there ( I donīt suffer from health anxiety) The air where I live has been choked with sand and dust for the past month and I vaguely thought it couldnīt be good for anyone, but never thought of dust allergy for a moment. Also as its now Autumn I didnīt think of allergy to pollen either, its something I previously thought of as only happening in the Spring time. Basically I just never thought my symptoms could be anything to do with allergies until I started doing some research. I was wrong.

Like most people with anxiety, mornings can feel horrendously scary and can cause retching or even vomiting, but sometimes I feel like that even when my waking moment is relatively calm. I had that this morning and was very sick, but not overly anxious, it was there but not too badly. I had a very blocked up and then runny nose, and the vomit looked just like clear mucous ( sorry to be so graphic but bear with me) so I researched allergies and stomach bowel problems and surprise surprise, everything I had experienced comes back to allergies and nasal drips, which find their way to your tummy while you sleep and your tummy canīt take it.

This might not be news at all to most people, but it was a huge revelation to me, and knowing that the daily vomiting is not ALL down to anxiety is welcome news indeed.

If what I discovered helps just one person who might happen onto this thread, it was worth sharing.

Have the best day you can manage x

Re: Are you often sick on a morning?

This has helped me massively, thank you!

Thread Information