Thread: Bad Health Anxiety currently

Bad Health Anxiety currently

After I had a cold a week or so ago, I think my glands were swollen- and I think they still are. Small painless, very movable lumps on my neck. I am now very worried and I'm losing my appetite and now I'm getting even more worried about this- it's a viscous circle. I phoned a friend who is a GP and he said there was nothing to worry about, the glands are normal and my appetite will return soon. I am still worried though and I'm looking up all sorts of stuff on Google and seeing worrying things. I am going to start taking Fluoxetine again. I am also going to see a GP too. I am still quite worried and anxious. And advice on how to eat something or anything? Thanks

Re: Bad Health Anxiety currently

It's normal to be able to feel the lymph nodes in your neck. They kind of wiggle around a bit when you gently push on then. And sometimes they can feel a bit bigger than normal simply based on the position of your neck (if they're being pushed forward by a muscle they can feel more firm or enlarged). This is all normal and nothing to worry about. Your gp will be able to tell you for sure, but it sounds to me like you're ok. The loss of appetite is just due to feeling anxious. Try eating something warm and comforting and easy to digest like soup.

Thread Information