Thread: Does anyone take this med with an SSRI or other medication?

Does anyone take this med with an SSRI or other medication?

I take Lexepro, Clonazapam and Gabapentin. I'm wanting to get off Clonazapam, but I don't think I'm stable yet and it's apparent that the Lexepro is not helping my anxiety.

Does anyone know if Gabapentin or pregabalin builds up in your system, or is like Xanax where its in and out quickly. I notice that I feel anxious once the Gabapentin and clonazepam wear off. I'm so down about this. I wish I could just take one pill that calms me down and helps to slow down my crazy thoughts! Gabapentin feels just like the clonazepam, so what's the point in taking both? I don't get it. I see my doctor on Thursday, so I hope she can help me.
    Thanks for listening.

Re: Does anyone take this med with an SSRI or other medication?

I don't know about gabapentin, but pregabalin has a reasonably short half-life of around 6-7 hours. Some may be absorbed and released later, but I haven't seen any data on this. So yes, if you are taking a minimal dose, you may notice it wearing off before the next dose. With pregabalin, you need to increase the dose to a level where it controls anxiety all day.

As for your question, I take mirtazapine with pregabalin. This combination works well for me.

Unfortunately, I am stopping the gabapentin. It makes me lethargic and gives me severe rebound anxiety when it wears off. Looks like my lexepro isnt helping so I think the doctor will switch to pristiq. I kept forgetting my words and stumbling on the gabapentin. I'm so depressed :-( nothing helps but Klonopin.

Hi EM

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with meds. I am on both pregabalin and clonozepam and my psych wants me off both. MY SNRI is not working either.

Reducing pregabalin is not too difficult down to 75mg but after that you need to really take your time. For me its a weird med, it seemed to be doing nothing at 200 so I reduced slowly to 50 then got terrible anxiety, raising back to 100 stabilised me so maybe it was working a bit after all.

Pregabalin definitely impairs memory.

I'd write more but a weird bot is deleting all my posts

Take care

buang x

Thread Information