Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabies Scare

Rabies Scare

Uh... so finally when I got over my month long rabies scare...

I ended up in Joshua Tree for the weekend (aka) desert in California.

Upon getting there.. when I was looking for the house key.. I ran into a cactus in the dark... I mean I had needles in me.. so I'm assuming thats where the pain was from..

We stayed in an airbnb house, it was clean, but it still was older, had gaps under bedroom doors etc...

Anyway, our last night there.. we were outside by the fire, we had patio lights on, and noticed bats flying back and forth.

They didnt come near us... just flew overhead... or to the sides.. maybe 15-20 feet away.. still to close for comfort...

When we went to bed that night, I thoroughly checked our room multiple times, and now stuffed a towel under the bedroom door...

Lately, I have been experiencing some tingling in my finger tips.. I know its probably just a pinched nerve... but..

What are the odds that the first night we were there ( when I didnt realize there were bats there) that I got bit in my sleep? Or.. that they were in the cactus?

I know.. crazy an I haven't even thought about it that much.. but it keeps crossing my mind...

Re: Rabies Scare

You didn’t get bitten by a bat. Put it out of your head.

That's not a rabies scare. A rabies scare involves coming into contact with a rabid animal. You didn't.

Usually, the run of the mill, bat sneaking in and out of a house undetected and bit you without you knowing it thread is irrational enough but you have taken it to an entire new level with the connect the dots, bat in a cactus and the cactus needles gave you rabies twist.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 03-11-17 at 20:52.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I understand all your guys point of view... I honestly didnt start think much of it... but since friday my fingers have been experiencing some tingling/numbness... now the tingling/pinpricks is moving up my arms... I'm not so much feeling it in my fingers anymore today.. but when i press or put pressure on my forearm, it feels like multiple needles are stabbing... ive read that this can be a symptom.. is that true?

I know you guys say it didn't happen, but how can you be sure there wasn't a bat in the house? It was an air bnb.. and not sealed very well... I'm just saying.. how do you know it might not have bit in my sleep and then escaped under the door?

I highly doubt you'd sleep through a bite

I know.. but so much on google says you can.. thats why I'm freaking out...

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I've read that bats teeth are so small you might not even know/feel/see it...

Somebody please? I’m starting to get scared... random tingling pinpricks and I’m feeling super fatigued today... also the tingling is now in the other arm!!

There are no words that will quell the irrationality unfortunately. I would suggest calling a mental health hotline on your area.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I get tingling for weeks at a time with no real underlying reason... After a couple years of convincing myself I had MS, I finally started to accept it was just a strange thing my body goes through exacerbated by anxiety. You do not have rabies. I also had a rabies scare a few years ago when a rescue pup nipped me and the rescue assured me she had a rabies vaccine but they couldn't find the certificate. I was fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information