Thread: Need your help more than ever.

Need your help more than ever.

I’m in a bad place a very bad place. My depression and anxiety has been getting worse and worse for months. We have had a few dramas in the house in the last few months. Me and my husband nearly split because of his ex girlfriend and he drinks to much. The children had worms and this sent me in to a massive spiral of anxiety and depression. I then slipped over on this my back, that was 4 weeks ago and I’m still in so much pain, I’ve had an X-ray all normal. I’m on diazepam for the spasms that are constant naproxen for inflammation and co codomal. The pain and the fact that I’m not getting better is depressing me beyond anything I’ve faced before and I’ve dealt with a lot through anxiety and depression. Nobody around me seems to give one crap about how much pain I’m in. I’m not a wimp I fell and broke me leg and dislocated my ankle and not one tear was shed. 4 kids 3 with no pain relief.
    Doctors think it’s muscular but why does it hurt so much 24/7 if it’s just muscular. Why aren’t I healing or feeling no better at all. My husband works away so I take care of four kids on my own. How do I rest get it better if rest is needed. Kids don’t slow down they don’t understand. I’m so low and depressed. Anybody dealt with muscle pains??? I’m stretching, seeing an osteopath l, taking meds. What else Can I do to make this better it’s really effecting my mental state. Please I need your help any help

Re: Need your help more than ever.

Hi. It sounds like you have a lot going on, so it's natural that you will be feeling overwhelmed. It's not easy bringing up kids at the best of times, much as we love them. No easy answers to this, except maybe build in periods of rest whilst they are playing. I don't know how old they are, but if little then they can play games whilst you sit and watch. Also no need to have a perfect house, just do what is necessary and no more. No doubt anxiety is making you home in more on your symptoms. Maybe try doing a few relaxation exercises, it wont cure but can help with the tensing up you are probably doing. It sounds as if you are feeling totally unappreciated.

Wow, you really do have a lot going on!! There are no easy answers, as Primula said, but I can see how everything going on in your life is going to make healing your back a lot more difficult.

When I had a bad car accident several years ago, it was only muscle pain. It still took me months to recover. My chiropractor at the time had me icing (15 min on/45 min off) as much as I could to reduce the inflammation. I was bringing ice packs to work for months until it slowly started to get better. I have muscle problems still that are worse when I am anxious and depressed of course. I have found yoga and massage helpful but didn't seek those out until a few months after. Physical therapy was important immediately after the injury. My chiropractor was wonderful and I still go back for a tune-up from time to time. Also try to make a relaxing environment - scented candles/oils, music, whatever helps you relax.

I hope you feel better soon. I know how debilitating back pain can be. Just last week I fell down the stairs on my butt and it's giving me a lot of grief.

Do you have any friends or family who can watch the kids for a few hours?

Thank you so much for you replies. I have 4 kinda do 10, 5, 4, 18 months so a lot of lifting and bending. Im so impatient to have a back that’s better, I’m icing and heating my back, taking my medicine seeing a osteopath and a muscle doctor. I’m just so frustrated. I need to be better for my kids they need me to be a mum. I have restarted antidepressants (Prozac) was in citalopram but need a stronger one she thinks. The gp believes a lot of it is down to exhaustion. I’m just so worried I will be walking badly and I’m pain for the rest of my life

Your kids will be fine, I'm sure you are a great mum, and doing the very best you can. When my kids were very small I was ill for three months, and I used to worry I wasn't being a good enough mum. I'm sure they have everything they need, warmth, shelter, food and the secure feeling from the love you give them. You are good enough even if you can't hop, skip and jump at the moment. Just give them loads of hugs instead (which I'm sure you do anyway).

Thread Information