Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks..

Re: Fireworks..

Some are going off near me now. Isolated stuff though. I expect it will tail off through this week.

It's the money involved. They start selling them so early in the big shops.

We also get them for religious festivals but I've always found they are very respectful. They stick to the nights in question and it's a short blast around early evening.

The idiots letting off at 3am after the pub are annoying but we seem to get less of them nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hi , I don't mind them too much but they do go on for weeks now , my dogs one isn't the slightest bit bothered the other much older is climbing the walls she's constantly shaking and panting but the more you try and calm her the worse she gets so we have to try and ignore her , they will go on now until new year .
    Hi Buster.

Re your older dog and the fireworks, you could try massaging her, maybe use a little lavender oil on your hands first, just a little. My dog is terrified of loud bangs too and when the hunting started a few weeks ago he was petrified, I have never seen him so scared, but I massaged him rather than stroking him, Didnīt speak to him , just made gentle shooshing sounds and it really calmed him down. He was actually falling asleep sitting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick100 View Post
    Hi Buster.

Re your older dog and the fireworks, you could try massaging her, maybe use a little lavender oil on your hands first, just a little. My dog is terrified of loud bangs too and when the hunting started a few weeks ago he was petrified, I have never seen him so scared, but I massaged him rather than stroking him, Didnīt speak to him , just made gentle shooshing sounds and it really calmed him down. He was actually falling asleep sitting up.
    Exactly Chick to do nothing is not good when I first knew my girl didn't like fireworks I was trying different things till I found what works for me, one thing I do know is if the pack leader is anxious then so will the rest of the pack will pick up on that. Buster you can get plug in diffusers that omit a pherophone (think that's what it's called) in to the air and can calm your dog down, Same as rescue remedy is another good product that calms your dogs nerves and your too it's formulated for us but is totally safe for our dogs, why put your dog through this misery when there are products out there?

Talking to them can actually feed and reinforce the fear, I know I used to make that mistake years ago even it's ok is bad saying that as you are basically say it's ok to shake dogs learn by association thinking. Turn you tv volume up close curtains dance around and make the experience fun. Good luck ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Iam greatful for having a proper child hood with out this tech stuff ATB
    Yep me too

Folks I am sure some of you will have heard on the news about a firework attack in Birmingham (Tilehill) it was a display fire work so not for public use and contained 200 individual tubes in a sealed unit this was then lit and thrown in to some house causing horrific damage to the house I person was in coma and since died in hospital his wife escaped through a upstairs window, but broke her legs when she jumped. what a callous and mindless attack maybe teenagers or adults that have done this I do hope they are brought to justice and dealt with severely which I do doubt this is very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Folks I am sure some of you will have heard on the news about a firework attack in Birmingham (Tilehill) it was a display fire work so not for public use and contained 200 individual tubes in a sealed unit this was then lit and thrown in to some house causing horrific damage to the house I person was in coma and since died in hospital his wife escaped through a upstairs window, but broke her legs when she jumped. what a callous and mindless attack maybe teenagers or adults that have done this I do hope they are brought to justice and dealt with severely which I do doubt this is very sad
    That’s awful!!
    I had not heard about this.
    Was that on November 5th it happened?
    Terrible, just senseless...

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    That’s awful!!
    I had not heard about this.
    Was that on November 5th it happened?
    Terrible, just senseless...
    Not sure Velvet but it will be on the Central tv website for sure. what gets me it was a commercial type firework so makes me wonder how it was obtained unless thieves broke in to a lock up/garage etc like I said the house is gutted and some innocent person lost their life too. as it would have taken 2 mins for all 200 shots to have gone off seriously I would damage the scum for life I wouldn't be able to help my self or the usual crap will come out they are unemployed and bored or from a poor family what a bloody shame NOT ATB

What about getting a Dalmatian? I hear many of them are deaf. Problem solved!

We've had a couple of local factories on fire due to errant fireworks. Maybe the council need to impose some "no fly zones"?

...what is it with you Europeans and loud bangs?

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

...which actually reminds me of something...a small group of girls was talking in the office one day and as I was walking by one asked me...Hey N...what do you think of short bangs? I promptly replied...I love quickies!

Probably get fired for that one today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information