Thread: i cannot go out doors

i cannot go out doors

Hello every one thank you for your advice for my privous post.

I have not been to work for 4 weeks no tmorrow i need to start work , i am so worried because i get panic in the bus for some reason i dont know.

The place i work is a very dangerous area , i dont even want to imagine having panic attack there.

I dont know what to do , if i did not have morgage to pay i swear i would of leave work but my hands are tiyed.

I WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAINN

i have made an effort by going to my gp on my own , to day i am going to go bit more further maybe visit my mother , this going to be very scary but i am going to try.

I stopped smoking , stopped drinking coffe , tea, coke .

It is getting better i have been perscribed propranolol, and anti depressants.
    I told work the trouth that i was having panic attack , i feal very embarresed doing this.

I am progressing but need more time , and energy.

Hi Eylem

Tough time by the sounds of it. I hate these situations myself, when you know there is no way out of it, but I have to say that it is, at times, these situations that have helped me the most. Left to my own devices I probably wouldn't do much . Sometimes these situations are a blessing in disguise. And sometimes they are just plain tough. Either way I'm sure you'll cope.

It's a good thing that you've told people at work about your problems, you may even find that they give you a lot of support. Is it not possible you can request a little more time off, just to get yourself focused? If not, I would just say to try and relax a little, every night after work, find yourself a little time to just let go. And be positive, you can do it, you just need to tell yourself that, it'll be difficult but you may feel better for it.

Good Luck

mico

Hi Eylem,

**i am so worried because i get panic in the bus for some reason i dont know.**

You are thinking about what might happen to you in the worst possible scanario.

Try taking that bus for one stop only and whilst on it text a friend , read , listen to music , count all blue cars etc anything to distract yourself and do get off after 1 stop.

Then proceed to travel back or onwards if that short trip has been ok . Do this at least once daily - congratulate yourself when you've done it well without panic and build on that positive thought.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

hello Eylem,

As Meg says, you need to try to distract yourself from your panicky feelings. The more you worry about it, the worse it will get. Reading is what distracts me the most and also letter writing but it might be different for you. It's good that you have told the people at work the truth, that way they know what you are going through. Take care.

Sarah

Sometimes the fear of fear itself it enough to make you frightened.

If you feel you need more time, it might be worth talking to your doctor and asking him for a sicknote.

You will be normal again.
    It is going to take time. There is no miracle cure.

There is no need to feel embarassed telling work that you are suffering from Panic Disorder. It is more common than you imagine.
    Statisics show that 1 in 5 people has suffered some form of anxiety related problem at sometime in their lives.
    Infact you may find that they will be more supportive towards you.

Start slowly and build up.
    Is it possible for you to get a taxi until you have mastered the bus?

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Can you maybe start off going back to work part-time? Will they let you do that as it may help?

I don't like buses either - it is a control thing I think cos you can't just get off when you want without causing a fuss.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

Hiya

Just a thought about the bus thing.
    Ive got to get on busses and trains for my new job and im terrified BUT ive decided on a plan of action. If I feel terrible on the bus im going to tell the driver to let me off NOW because im pregnant and feel sick (im not pregnant but im not too proud to lie - rather that than announce to everyone that i need to get off because im having a panic attack).

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

Sarah

I used to think that too. Of course I never did have to stop the bus but it was my plan of action to cope and it does help cos of course the driver will stop for you.

Nicola

Thread Information