Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: propanolol

Re: propanolol

just wondering if anyone has ever suffered from insomnia whilst taking propanolol? i've had real problems sleeping (at all!) while on these, i'm not sure if it is related to them, or something else underlying(currently waiting on tests for thyroid problems and other things).

K xx

I have just been put on propanolol and feeling EXACTLY the same things! I thought something else was wrong!! I have read that the side effects gradually fade, has that happened to anyone??
    I am supposed to take three a day, but being a bit scared took two Tuesday and Wednesday and when I took my first one Thursday I felt really not with it and didn't take another one. I am just wondering if to take todays.....although my doctor did say they were good for taking just when needed.
    Onwards and upwards!!

I was on them for a year, three times a day and now I jsut take them when needed. I find that when you take themallthe time the dizziness and the 'feeling not with it' goes. When I take them on and off now though, Im ok when I take them but when I stop again I have a full day afterwards of not feeling brilliant. I take them though becuase they help on the day that I need them.

If I was you I'd stick with them!

Nat x

Hi

I have just been prescribed propranolol for anxiety. I have posted separately for an embarrassing side effect (ladies only!) but yes, I have terrible insomnia now. Last night I went to bed at 10pm and at 230am I was still wide awake. Normally I can sleep for England!

I have also experienced the dizziness and feeling sick side effects too but maybe its my body just getting used to taking them.

I find that its better if I take then just before eating a meal, the dizziness doesnt seem to be so bad.

Today is the first time I have left the house all week, only to post a letter but I'm quite proud of myself!

Hi

I take anteneloland have never really felt right on thembut they do help my anxiety. I could not leave the house once without them but I am trying to take them when I need them. They do slow your heart rate down a lot and make me feel not quite right but they are better tahn taking anti depressants for me anway. When I was on anti depressants I did not need to take my beta blockers but the side effects were worse so visious cirlce or what.

Anyway well done for going out even if it was only going to post a letter.

Take care

Sharona xxx

My Propanolol was perscribed because i got bouts of trembling, since taking propanolol i feel a lot calmer and the trembling has stopped, i am on 80mg slow release, and also on 40mg Citalopram for anxiety and depression.

Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information