Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: propanolol

propanolol

Why does propanolol make me feel so dizzy and tired. Even if i just take one i get weird feeligs. My eyes dry out and blur, i get serious depersonlization, like im off the planet. If anyone talks to me i cant concentrate on anything they say. I know this has been asked about before, probably by me, i have a terrible memory, but does anyone else feel like this. Im fed up, everytime i try anything that may potentially help me i end up feeling worse. Is there no help out there at all? Cant function with or without help.

Josephinex

Re: propanolol

Hi Josephine, Yep I feel slightly wrong when taking propranalol,

I get a slight head pain pressure and it makes my blood pressure drop (common side effect) that then makes me feel dizzy.

Im going down a different route now, trying out herbal stuff and minerals, cos most medication disagrees with me.

take care.

Me too, Although i thought it could be my imagination.

Josephinex

Hi Josephine, unfortuantely some people are very sensitive to drug side effects, even though most of the side effects go if you can manage to stay on the drug for about four weeks.

A new anti psychotic drug I am on gave me dizziness and a feeling of losing my balance but my gp gave me a pill called Stemetil for the symptoms and I am fine now. Also some people find the over the counter drug Sturgeion to help as well, it is meant for travel sickness but helps for dizziness too.

Hope this is some help
    Take care
    Eibhlin

Yes I have to say this didn't suit me either.

Piglet

Thanks for all you replies. I suppose different meds suit different people. I took atenolol for 2 years and i was fine and then all of a sudden i felt terrible. Never been the same since with beta blockers. Basically all medication is poison to our bodies and have to find the one that effects us the least.

What fun!

Josephinex

iv just been prescribed propranolol, and to tell the truth im rather afraid of taking it. iv taken beta blockers before and they disturbed my sleep and generally made me feel weird, but now i read the common side effects and it said psychosis ... anyone find this is a side effect they get?

cuz if so ... im really not keen on this one!

I take propranalol now but only when i need to the doc said and it makes all my anxious feelings go when i need them. they are my lifeline. i don't get any side effects so as you can see lots of different responses.

Gemma i was also aftraid of taking this but just because i thought i would have an allergic reaction but i had to take one while having a panic and i calmed down within 20 - 30 mins.

Sam

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

hey, yea iv been taking them for a few days now and i dont think iv had any side effects. I still get shooting pains in my head but i figure it mite take a while for that to go away? or i mite just not be reacting to the pills in the optimum way?
    anyways im going to persist with them because i havent felt panicky since i started taking them

thanks for your help xxx

I have also been prescribed Propanolol but am too scared to take them. I keep thinking my heart will so down too much or even stop??

Has anyone ever felt weird when taking them i.e not feeling your heart racing as much but slowing down too much??

xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information