Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get a hot flush to their face?

Does anyone else get a hot flush to their face?

I keep getting this symptom and it triggers me to shake and have a panic attack.

I just go red hot in my face, sometimes just one side, I shake, feel sick and panic I will faint. It's terrifying. They come on when I get anxious about something but lately it is the most simple of things as I am so sensitized. Like my son text today he was stung by a wasp at break time and I went all flushed and then started shaking. I have been anxious and shaky ever since because of the heat in my face.

Is this just anxiety and panic? I am worrying myself sick. So everytime it hits I shake with fear. My hubby says it is panic as it hits whenever I get anxious.

Thank you
    Lep

Re: Does anyone else get a hot flush to their face?

Yes, I get this quite often. I feel a warm flush through my chest and up through my face when i'm anxious. That's usually enough to trigger a total panic attack. I'm so over this anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Yes, I get this quite often. I feel a warm flush through my chest and up through my face when i'm anxious. That's usually enough to trigger a total panic attack. I'm so over this anxiety.
    Exactly. Mine is just warm face and ears then wham I start shaking, feel sick, dizzy and tummy ache. I shake and feel cold, yet face feels hot. This can go on for hours. It's been 4 hours and I still don't feel right. Does that happen to you also? does it last as long? It seems to calm then wooshes over me again, it's so scary, I was alone going through this today. I worry this won't ever end, and after 4 weeks I am tired.

Hugs to you.
    Julie xx

Yes, it got so bad that HA convinced me that I had a disease of course. The doctor was not worried at all. When I was more focused and worried about it, it lasted longer and happened more often. When I stopped caring about it as much, it stopped happening as much.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Yes, it got so bad that HA convinced me that I had a disease of course. The doctor was not worried at all. When I was more focused and worried about it, it lasted longer and happened more often. When I stopped caring about it as much, it stopped happening as much.
    Thank you for replying.

When I get the heat in my face, it always triggers a bad panic attack and then that's me for hours shaking, feeling sick, scared I will faint etc.. Awful and it's never over quick. Once I have one I can shake for hours with it. Awful. 4 hours today I have been experiencing it. I worry that isn't normal.

Yes! I get a red face that feels really hot, it sometimes lasts and hour or more. I've noticed that if I stress and panic about it happening the flush lasts longer. Try to be calm about it, easier said than done I know! I tell myself that nobody died from a flushed face. I only get this when I'm having a really anxious time, when I've been worrying for weeks about something and have got myself in a state. It will pass when you are feel calmer and more like your usual self

Quote Originally Posted by Calmseeker View Post
    Yes! I get a red face that feels really hot, it sometimes lasts and hour or more. I've noticed that if I stress and panic about it happening the flush lasts longer. Try to be calm about it, easier said than done I know! I tell myself that nobody died from a flushed face. I only get this when I'm having a really anxious time, when I've been worrying for weeks about something and have got myself in a state. It will pass when you are feel calmer and more like your usual self
    Thank you.

I hit a stressful time 4 weeks ago and thsts when these hot flushes and panic attacks hit. I've not suffered panic in over a decade just general anxiety so this is a shock. It's knocked me off my feet and I've barely been able to function. I've been resting a lot due to how exhausted isted and low it's made me.

I have general simmering anxiety then usually something triggers a panic. If I walk around and feel woozy that can do it or like today my son being hurt. I get a nasty rush of heat to my face, then I shake, feel sick panic I will faint... I don't get tight throat, pins and needles or breathing issues. It's all shakes, fast heart, flushed face, nausea. This can go on for hours when it first hits, it's horrible. I worry thsts not anxiety but I've read of others who say it can last hours once an attack hits. It's so scary. It's been so overwhelming the last few weeks that I've cried even having to wash my hair or shower some dsys as it can trigger an attack. Urgh I just wish that hot flush didn't lead to the shakes and nasty high adrenaline for hours. I feel so afraid when it does. It started at 1pm today and I still don't feel fully calm.

Thank you for replying.
    Lep

If it's any comfort to you, I've been having a terrible (doom and gloom) feeling all day. Very high anxiety, and borderline panic attacks. My head also feels hot and my breathing feels hot too! I am feeling terrible. Even Xanax isn't helping much. Not sure how to district myself! I have therapy tonight, so i'm hoping the therapist can help calm me down. Let's hope this passes soon (for all of us). It's scary, but just anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    If it's any comfort to you, I've been having a terrible (doom and gloom) feeling all day. Very high anxiety, and borderline panic attacks. My head also feels hot and my breathing feels hot too! I am feeling terrible. Even Xanax isn't helping much. Not sure how to district myself! I have therapy tonight, so i'm hoping the therapist can help calm me down. Let's hope this passes soon (for all of us). It's scary, but just anxiety.
    I'm sorry. I hope therapy is helping you.

It's horrible, I get the hot flush everytime I say go downstairs or have a shower. Anything that makes me anxious I flush to my face then panic. I shake and panic I will faint. It lasts a ages. It's so scary.. I had 2 yesterday.

Thanks
    Lep

This is exactly me not sure what causes it but I was thinking I am going through peri menopause as that causes flushes but i have noticed panic and anxiety sets them off especially wen I am stressing . How are u doing now with this as it was 2017 when this was posted it's so hard not to freak out when it happens and then sets off full blown panic then I get even hotter . Would like some tips how I can manage this .many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information