Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood pressure again

Blood pressure again

I have terrible dr Phobia. I just went to ob gyn to her my birth cobtyrol pill renewed I told the nurse my bp would be sky higg. It was 158 over 85. She says wow. She rolled down my sweater abs took it again over my sweater this was like 30 sec later. 135 over 75. I’m happy it was lower but did she wait long enough? My dr was happy with it. He said it’s my anxiety. I had the same problem when I checked at home. It be sky high theb much lower a minute later. I got obsessed so I threw out the machine. I am 40 in March no family history of high bp

Re: Blood pressure again

She waited long enough... White coat syndrome at work here

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m just paranoid because I temenber my home machine said wait 5 min also the second time se took of over my sweater but I guess I need to believe it’s ok. I’m tempted ti get a machine but I must not self checj

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Does anyone have similar things changes that dramatic. I so want to buy a machine

Weasley,

I have heart disease. I see doctors every six months. I know what the heck I'm talking about here. I have a home monitor because I was told to keep an eye on my BP. There is NO reason whatsoever to be concerned or buy a machine!

I know you have anxiety but you're thinking very irrationally about this I assure you!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank u I feel much better with u saying that

It was actually pretty unprofessional of the nurse to comment on your BP like that, especially considering 158/85 isn't super high for a clinical setting. Hell, I had 200/105 once in the ER because I was freaking out during a panic attack.

I told her first too I saud it’s ginna be real High. I look calm but I’m
    Panicking inside. I was scared the whole cab ride over

I agree that those readings are unremarkable. However you seem to worry about your BP quite a bit. The reason I had to be on BP meds was because I worried about my BP being high so much that it was up and down like a yo-yo. Uncontrolled BP can lead to stoke. You need to stop worrying about your BP being high.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

I didn’t just have white coat syndrome because I worried about my BP even when I wasn’t in the doctor’s waiting room. I was given the choice and chose not to take meds. But I couldn’t stop worrying about it and ended up in Emergency with my BP through the roof. I chose to go on meds after that. So you really need to accept that your BP is fine.

I think I mostly worry when I have to go to dr or if I have my own machine. Most days I don’t think about it. But if I know I have to go to dr I panic

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I do suppose though it might be high when I’m scared at other times. Is worried about my husband being late. I did ask the dr who is an ob but a dr still if he Thiugy I needed treatment he said no. He thinks it’s my anxiety I have a psych for that and sew hunk a few times a year. It was actually much worse in past. Not about bp but panicking iver dr

Yes I understand. Just remember that even your higher reading 158/85 isn’t that high. Don’t buy another BP monitor. I have one but we put it away because every reading I got was sky high. I just can’t relax enough to get a proper reading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information