Thread: Severe hypochondria taking over my life

Unhappy Severe hypochondria taking over my life

In the past month I've had a ct done on my head. 2 ecgs. 2 rounds of full blood work plus std, hepatitis, and cholesterol blood tests done. Everything came back great. Pristine as the doctor quoted it.

I can't shake these thoughts. I have this terrible ringing in my ears constantly. I get these random dizzy spells like my brain is lurching forwards without my body. I feel like I'm walking on a boat. I'm so scared this is a sign of something sinister.

I wish I could just accept the doctors words but these feelings are real. I have the feelings and then it triggers the attacks.

Does anyone else have these problems or problems with accepting their doctors words? I'm really a mess here. It's consuming my whole life. I can't find a positive thought. :( I'm so scared.

Re: Severe hypochondria taking over my life

I think, if you have a look around, you will find lots of people who struggle with accepting their doctor's words. I have been there myself throughout my life. I felt so validated when I found this website and saw I wasn't alone in how I was feeling.

Have you sought any help for this? Does your doctor know you are struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyEdwards View Post
    I get these random dizzy spells like my brain is lurching forwards without my body. I feel like I'm walking on a boat.
    That *could* be labyrinthitis, Sassy.

See a doctor about those symptoms if you haven't.

Could possibly be a inner ear issue? Maybe you have a little fluid around your eardrum or something simple. Maybe you could ask to see an ENT.

Doctor diagnosed with bppv. But from my reading bppv comes and goes it's not constant. I'm just super worried. I know it's silly. Since all the tests have come back perfect. Just ugh. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyEdwards View Post

I wish I could just accept the doctors words but these feelings are real. I have the feelings and then it triggers the attacks.

Does anyone else have these problems or problems with accepting their doctors words? I'm really a mess here. It's consuming my whole life. I can't find a positive thought. :( I'm so scared.
    YES! I will guess many of us have felt the same way! It is a terrible feeling , right!. You are not alone.

There is a health anxiety "workbook" online I found somewhere last year. It has modules you go through. I found it helped a little... Also a relaxation app and yoga class. Also, find someone you care about that you can share your feelings with. Have you sought out a mental health professional?

Thread Information