Thread: Paranoid about HIV. Any help, people?

Question Paranoid about HIV. Any help, people?

- I haven't had vaginal nor anal nor oral sex, so far.

- I haven't used illegal drugs so I haven't used needles on myself, etc.

It's more unlikely than likely that I'm HIV positive BUT I'm paranoid that I am because:

- I had an operation on my throat (in 2008) to remove most of my parathyroid glands (because I was hyperpara (for short)). I'm now hypopara (for short).

- And I've had treatment in my mouth, on my teeth from 2008 onwards.

So is asking for a HIV test worth troubling a doctor about?

Re: Paranoid about HIV. Any help, people?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible that you'd have HIV if you've never had sex.

Unless your parents have it.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible that you'd have HIV if you've never had sex.

Unless your parents have it.
    It's annoying me that I'm worried about a virus that I'm 99% likely NOT to have BUT because I've had medical instruments inserted into my body, I'm worried that I could've been infected with HIV by them not being new, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUsername View Post
    It's annoying me that I'm worried about a virus that I'm 99% likely NOT to have BUT because I've had medical instruments inserted into my body, I'm worried that I could've been infected with HIV by them not being new, etc.
    You haven't engaged in any risky behavior. It's 100% you don't have HIV! You do realize that they sterilize medical instruments and understand what that entails right?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You haven't engaged in any risky behavior. It's 100% you don't have HIV! You do realize that they sterilize medical instruments and understand what that entails right?

Positive thoughts
    I haven't engaged in physical sexual behaviour with any adult, so far. I am a failed nymphomaniac, Fishy! lol

I know medical instruments are new and clean and sterilised - but my mind has been torturing me this morning (and now it's afternoon) that a doctor or dentist who treated me might have used unclean instruments from previous patients, etc.

99% sure I'm making much ado about nothing but my mind likes to find any negative possibilities.

With all love, you're being a bit silly here. There is no way you could have HIV. No way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinttu View Post
    With all love, you're being a bit silly here. There is no way you could have HIV. No way at all.
    I know I'm being silly. Hopefully, me typing about it live (as I have these thoughts) will deal with my doubts.

(Also, I used to watch Salatut Elämät. I mention that because you have a Finnish flag.)

Hi Mate absolutely fine iam 99.99999999999% sure you aint got HIV medical equipment goes through a intense autoclave machine so no risk atall so no need to be worried or no need to see a dr ATB

Quote Originally Posted by LordUsername View Post
    I know I'm being silly. Hopefully, me typing about it live (as I have these thoughts) will deal with my doubts.
    Read back and it's painfully obvious. Also, look at some of the other rabies threads and ask yourself, "How would I respond to that person's fears and scenarios?"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information