Thread: Truly horrible experience last night

Truly horrible experience last night

It was 3am, I just woke up from sleep, went to the toilet. Then back to bed. Heart was pounding and I felt overheated.
    I got up to splash cold water on myself and then I started pacing. At this point my heart rate was very high, I don't know exactly how much. I still felt very overheated and like I needed to strip my clothes off.
    I then started feeling faint, I went in to my partner and told him how I felt. He got me to lay down on the bed and breathe, he felt my heart rate and it went down and back to normal. He went back to sleep but I can't. I've never felt like that before. I don't know what caused it and I'm terrified.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Truly horrible experience last night

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    It was 3am, I just woke up from sleep, went to the toilet. Then back to bed. Heart was pounding and I felt overheated.
    I got up to splash cold water on myself and then I started pacing. At this point my heart rate was very high, I don't know exactly how much. I still felt very overheated and like I needed to strip my clothes off.
    I then started feeling faint, I went in to my partner and told him how I felt. He got me to lay down on the bed and breathe, he felt my heart rate and it went down and back to normal. He went back to sleep but I can't. I've never felt like that before. I don't know what caused it and I'm terrified.
    That *might've* been a panic attack?

- I had a panic attack (years ago) whilst sleeping (which woke me up). My heart was beating so fast that I thought I was dying: one of the worst nights I had.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUsername View Post
    That *might've* been a panic attack?

- I had a panic attack (years ago) whilst sleeping (which woke me up). My heart was beating so fast that I thought I was dying: one of the worst nights I had.
    Thank you, my biggest fear is that it's heart related 😔 Been to my GP this morning and she seemed to think it was anxiety.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Classic panic attack I’m afraid. I’ve had those exact middle-of-the-night obese which woke me up. They’re scary but know that it’s just panic.
    Mine were resolved when i went on medication. And in fact only yesterday went back on meds because my anxiety levels have recently skyrocketed.
    Can I also suggest that if it happens again try using an app like Headspace. There’s a few meditations on there that help in the moment. Doc also recommended it for regular use.
    Sounds like you have a supportive partner which is great! All will be well.

Thread Information