Thread: Depressed, miserable and low

Depressed, miserable and low

I've been going through bad anxiety since the summer. To cut a long story short I did 6 weeks on Sertraline and felt more depressed and exhausted. Since I stopped taking it I've had fatigue and anxiety every day. I just feel so exhausted by everything. Most days at work I feel like I'm going to collapse or pass out. My head is constantly in a fog. I am very afraid of CFS/ ME and am now terrified I have this. I can't honestly believe that anxiety can make you feel this bad. I feel like I must have CFS. Since coming off Sertraline I'm now getting dizziness and flu like feelings. I just feel like giving up. Every day is such a struggle. I have a great life. I have nothing to be depressed about, I just feel to sick and low to enjoy it.

Re: Depressed, miserable and low

The Dr suggested that I go back on prozac which has worked for me in the past. I just want to get Sertraline completely out of my system as I had such a rough time with it. I guess I'm also, if I'm totally honest, a little scared of taking it because I feel like if it doesn't work which the Sertraline didn't, it will mean I actually have ME and not just depression / anxiety. Writing that down I realise how insane it sounds.

Yes, I've started weekly therapy. It's helping a bit already and I feel that it really will help as I think I've found a good therapist but I also know it's a long process and the week between sessions seems like forever when I'm feeling so rubbish.

As Dave said, you're doing the right things. My daughter had a rough go of it concerning meds but they finally found one that works and that, along with therapy really helped her. She's doing great now Hang in there... it'll get better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information