Thread: Breast anxiety

Breast anxiety

I've had HA for years now. Lately is all about my breasts. I've been breastfeeding non stop since 2012 (different children) and I'm currently breastfeeding my 2 years old. I get yearly ultrasounds because I have a galactocele (cyst filled with milk) since 2014 on my left breast. Last one back on April was clear. Left breast has always been the "painful one" and I always blamed the galactocele. But lately my right breast is killing me. It's sore ( before my period but then again around ovulation and at random times) and some days my nipple is so painful with a burning sensation. I can feel any lumps. Went to my OB who did a exam and could not find lumps or anything weird either and said I had zero signs of inflammation (because I told her I was worried about inflammatory breast cancer) and ordered another ultrasound. I'll have it in 10 days. I'm a hot mess. I keep thinking I have something sinister. ob seemed to think it was breastfeeding related but I don't think it's mastitis and I can feel plogged ducts or anything....

Anyone please?

Re: Breast anxiety

My breast has been one of my main focus's with my HA for the last 18 months so I can totally relate. I've been in and out of my doctors office/getting tests for several different reasons. Got another one going on right now. But what I wanted to comment on is the burning sensation in your nipple. I went through this in June. Totally scared me!! It started very randomly one Sunday evening and I kept pulling my bra away from my nipple because it felt like someone was holding a flame near it. It was painful! It went on for about 4 days and stopped. Then it happened again about a month later. I went and saw my doctor about it but couldn't find a reason for it either. No idea what is was about? Totally freaked me out though!

Re: Breast anxiety

I'm suffering through this as well. I just got me period and this morning I was fine but as soon as I put a bra on the pain started. I will be calling monday for a mammo and US

Thread Information