Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden Extreme Tiredness

Sudden Extreme Tiredness

Hi everyone!

I hope we are all doing ok!

I'm just having a strange one at the moment, and wondering if anyone can relate / give me any advice?

I get sudden extreme tiredness, weakness, heaviness with a hint of derealisation. The tiredness comes on pretty suddenly, and as of yet, I haven't been able to identify the actual trigger.

My therapist describes it as the 'freeze' response, and gave me a list of grounding techniques to do, but none of them seem to help in the slightest. Has anyone found one that works particularly well? (I'm sucking on ice cubes and doing a puzzle as we speak!)

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

PHR x

Re: Sudden Extreme Tiredness

Have you seen a doctor and had blood tests done to rule out things?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi!

No, I had bloods done about a year ago, but not recently.

It is strange, because it’s not like I get really anxious and then derealise, I just get extremely tired and lethargic.

My doctors are pretty useless to be honest, so I don’t tend to bother anymore.

The reason I asked is that it could be that you are low in iron or B12 as that can cause tiredness.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've been experiencing exactly the same thing and can't seem to find any information on it or any explanation. All I can think is that it's panic or anxiety presenting in a different way. I have general anxiety all the time but there seems to be no real trigger for these waves of shattering fatigue that come with derealisation. I've had two complete blood counts done since the summer and my levels are all fine so it's not that.

Mine is pretty much the same, I’m generally anxious all the time, no panic attacks anymore, and not really high anxiety unless I choose to do something particularly provoking. I would say although not severely derealised at all, I do always feel not quite ‘with it’, then, normally around midday or mid afternoon, the tiredness comes in. It’s really strange, heaviness, fatigue, tired eyes, can’t really concentrate on anything, especially my work, and I don’t really know what to do when that happens. It feels like my body shuts down 50%. I normally sleep well, so it shouldn’t be caused by that. It’s very strange.

Oh and another thing that can cause it is low Vitamin D.

Why not pop to the doctor's and talk to them about it and they should do blood tests.

My doctors is a 5 week wait, and even then, I know they wouldn’t be bothered enough to look into it, now my record says ‘anxiety’ on it, they aren’t remotely interested. If I got carried in with a leg hanging off, I think they would ask if I’ve been stressed lately! Ha!

After what you said though, I did sit back and think about my diet, which isn’t very good, so I’m going to tidy that up, and have started taking a daily multivitamin too, just to see if that prompts a bit of improvement. Also going to up my amount of exercise when I am feeling ok, see if that all helps it lift a little.

Mine is just the same and at the same time of day too! I'm seeing a nutritionist next week to sort out my diet. I think my doctor will roll his eyes at me if I ask for any more tests! My B12 is good but they didn't check my vitamin D. Suppose I could get it checked privately. The thing is the fatigue comes in definite waves, you'd think if it was a deficiency we would be generally tried all the time. When I'm at work I feel depersonalised pretty much all the time but when I'm home or with friends it's not nearly as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Oh and another thing that can cause it is low Vitamin D.

Why not pop to the doctor's and talk to them about it and they should do blood tests.
    Good advice. Around 6 months ago, I was having similar issues. I know what fatigue is as I suffered it to the extreme when I was going through cancer treatment. This wasn't as bad but I was feeling pretty low. It actually felt more like I was depressed but I had no reason to be if that makes sense. anyway... Blood work showed I was low on Vitamin D! Doc put me on a prescription D for several weeks (I took it once a week. We're talking a super D dose). Now I'm on a daily OTC. I've been feeling MUCH better

I would suggest a general physical and some routine blood work. Could just be some vitamin deficiencies as Nic pointed out.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information