Thread: 15mg or 30mg???????

15mg or 30mg???????

I have been on 15mg mirtrazapine for around 3 months. I am starting to feel more anxious than I did. I am wondering if upping to 30mg would improve my negative thoughts. I have been here before a couple of times in the past & been on citalopram & venlafaxine at different times. I would not consider my situation as desperate but I need to improve my mood. I know everyone reacts differently so hence my question as regards to upping to 30mg. Will I lose the sedative effects of 15mg? Also will unpleasant side effects kick in by upping to 30mg?

Re: 15mg or 30mg???????

My move from 15mg to 30mg worked well for me but it did have a lesser sedative affect but my mood did improve I then went upto 45mg but the anxiety got worse so i'm back down to 30mg which works best for me. The problem is what works for me might not work for you so it's just a case of finding out what dose is best for you. I found that at any dose I eat alot more and get bad cravings for carbs but that has never been an issue for me if I can feel just abit better.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll see what my doctor thinks.

Well I have increased to 30mg & hopefully within a few days or so I get some improvement. I don't consider my anxiety/gloominess as bad as on previous bouts. However it does need treatment before it really gets a grip. 15mg helped me to sleep and improved my appetite. I have felt close to panic attacks hence the dose upping. My GP is fairly confident that it will work. My experience of Mirtrazapine so far has been positive & it seems I can tolerate it reasonably well. I know that what works for one person may not for another. For the long term I will look at CBT . Trouble is there is a bit of a wait for counselling although I was contacted today and put on the list.

That's the only thing about CBT is that you have to wait for such a long time before it starts, on the NHS anyway. I was in such a state when referred the wait was far too long but I guess they just didn't have the staff. The positive for me was CBT highlighted past trauma so when it ended I was offered one to one therapy which has been painful but very helpful so I guess the wait was worth it.

With regards to upping to 30mg of Mirt, that's when it started to work well for me so I hope you experience the same.

Onwards and upwards

Seems to be working. Early days still hopeful though.

Thread Information