Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, everybody

Hello, everybody

Well, my name is Deb. I am 42 and have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since i was 17. Just looking forward to interacting with some of you. What I've read so far has been so comforting.

More soon (gotta go - 1 year old wants some attention!)

x

Hi Deb,

Welcome to the site.

Are your panic attacks triggered by anything in particular and what help have you had so far to get over these ?

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Deb

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Deb

Welcome to the site. I am glad you have found some comfort it what you have already read.

People on here are great and will help you all they can.

Love Sal xxxxx

hello there Deb,

Welcome to the forum!! The people here are great and I'm sure you will receive loads of support.Please do tell us more about yourself and let us know how you are getting on.

Sarah

Hi Deb

Welcome aboard.

I am sure we can help you some more so let us know how we can help when you get time.

I got your message on the Guestbook thanks.

The pop-ups come from Bravenet who host the Guestbook and not this site so nothing to worry about.

Nicola

Hi Deb

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here
    who will give you help and support.

JILLX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Thanks for the welcome!

Supermarkets and big DIY stores are a specific problem. Generally though, I just seem to be terrified that I'm going to make a fool of myself. I wake in the night having an attack and suffer worst just before I get up. Most mornings I m actually physically sick. Came off the anti-depressants because they made me feel worse and I'm trying Valerian root at the moment. I have had counselling which was brilliant but that was 4 years ago and I need it again but GP won't put me forward. I am currently taking part in a telephone recovery programme (6 of us and a leader) through NO Panic. Have only done 2 sessions and there are 12 more so I'll let you know.

Cheers

Might as well tell you now - I am also a heavy drinker which just compounds the problem. Alcoholics Anonymous were nice but cos of the panic, I can't get to the meetings (and, actually, they don't class me as an alcoholic). My doctor wants to treat the panic disorder but won't help with the drink problem. I feel that if I could get the drinking under control, I could move forward.

Anyone been there, done that?[8)]

Yet, freedom, yet thy banner, streams like the thunderstorm, against the wind.

Byron

Hi Deb,

Glad you are on the No panic telephone recovery. Quite a few of our members have been through it too .

Do you consider you have an alcohol dependance issue ?

You are absolutely right - when you reduce the alcohol the rest will improve. Have you tried reducing it very slowly yourself recently ?

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information