Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: ALS Rabbit Hole --- AGAIN!

Re: ALS Rabbit Hole --- AGAIN!

THanks, James!!!
    I appreciate your response and yes still twitching!!!
    It's a horrible rabbit hole, for a week I'm just going to avoid google and say 'fu$& it! when I get the twitches!
    THank you

A couple of those tests on that scary symptoms site are odd. Lots of people won't be able to do #4 due to strength & balance issues. And #5 getting people to walk backwards downstairs from the top without holding onto anything for balance is just dangerous!

I agree with James. Bringing my anxiety down meant my various twitches & jerks just went on their own. If I have a blip that is particularly strong I tend to find some jerks coming back and I've spoken to others who find that too.

When I had my breakdown I had many months of leg vibration. Later on it moved to arms, wrists, hands and even chest & stomach. As I got into recovery I noticed this came on more when my anxiety was higher. It's still a background symptom for me years on but you learn not to pay attention to it.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 11-11-17 at 12:01.

Hi Tan-

I'm sorry you've been going through this. I spent several months in the ALS rabbit hole last year... of all the HA episodes I have had (a lot!) the ALS one is the hardest.

Forgive me if I have missed this in any prior posts, but have you seen a therapist or mental health professional for your anxiety? Or even spoken to your primary doc about anxiety? I have found that we focus so much on the physical symptoms of the disease we think we have, and treating the anxiety is more effective overall.

While I am not promoting meds for everyone, I have found in my case, they are what I need to climb out of the "rabbit hole". I use klonopin short-term for the anxiety itself, which makes getting through the days bearable, and I use antidepressants (which take longer to "kick-in") to ultimately free myself from the obsessive catastrophising. My psychiatrist was right when he told me the antidepressents don't make my health anxiety go away, but it makes it not so bothersome and I have more positive thoughts and less obsessive ones.

And FWIW, I also get twitching from time to time, especially when I am tired or stressed. I suspect why your twiching has lasted for so long is that you have continued to stress about this for quite a while. It will take time for the stress/anxiety to "wear off" once you get though this for the twitching to subside.

Hope you start to feel better.

^This. Go see a psychologist. And instead of googling ALS which you basically have zero symptoms of, Google benign fasciculation syndrome, which you have every symptom of.

Hey Guys, Thank you - I know you'er right, the twitching started when I got into full panic mode, I just it to to go so it's a double-edged sword now.... aggghhhhhhh

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information