Love the dog pics, Buster!

Where's the cowboy hat?

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
Good point Terry my man...Rose McGowan...who?

I don't for one second put these so called Hollywood starlets above the fray. They are all in the toilet...both men and women...or at least a very high percentage of them. It's where they live. It's what they do. They preach to us rabble through their movies music and tv shows...and oh yeah their oh so sanctimonious public service announcements. Give me a break.

N.
Rose McGowan was talking about abuse in the recent scandal and got called out over her support of a convicted child sex offender.

Yes, I think there are legitimate cases due to the power of men (and women) in high level exec positions. But I'm not daft enough to think some of these were "leg overs for leg ups" too and it's a bandwagon to try to get some free press or make themselves look cleaner to those around them who may know the rumours about them.

I also don't buy the likes of Streep's level being unable to take a stance. They are not powerful women. People will side with them. They have expensive lawyers to dig around for dirt & ensure their careers aren't blocked and considering the level of dirt, that's hardly going to stop anyone other than the nobodies who can be stamped on. I think some of these sat back and let it go on rather than do something, that's not something I have much respect for either.

As for virtue signalling celebs getting involved in politics, the environment, etc I wish they would stay out of it as they are no better informed than anyone else so shouldn't be campaigning with their fan bases (entitled to own opinions though, but not endless Tweeting about politics doing the sneering they do). I tend to laugh about them over the environment, their carbon footprints will be a lot bigger than ours