Thread: Clear discharge, stomach pain, sudden increase in libido

Red face Clear discharge, stomach pain, sudden increase in libido

Hi all.

Well this is strange and a little embarrassing. Bodies. Who'd have 'em eh?!

A few days ago I got this strange sharp pain just to the left of my belly button, it's a sharp pain and comes and goes, then I noticed I was having to wear panty liners everyday as there seemed to be a lot of discharge that was clear. I kept feeling wet which was annoying and didn't really think too much of it. Then yesterday somehow over night my libido went from 'meh' to 'RAWR!'.

I haven't missed a period and a recent pregnancy test said nothing was going on so dunno what's goin on. I'm embarrassed to talk to my GP about it. No one ever said an increase in sex drive can just happen over night or how sudden it can be. I'm in my early 30's.

I was a bit of a numpty and put my symptoms into google (why do I do this to myself) and now I'm terrified I have pancreatic cancer.

Is there any women out there around my age who have had the same symptoms? Did you also get sharp pain on your left side of your belly and clear discharge?

Re: Clear discharge, stomach pain, sudden increase in libido

Hi! You just ovulated! All what you've just listed are text book ovu signs. As a mature lady of 46 , I have a pretty low libido (compared to back in the day). I can tell when I am ovulating due to the same symptoms. The libido one sticks out because it's such a marked difference between how I now normally feel which is not even "meh" to when I am about to ovulate which is "hey... sex would be really awesome right NOW!"

If you're interested in learning more about these signs, there's a great book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". You don't need to use Fertility Awareness Method for birth control (although many women do) but it's a wonderful resource guide to understand how everything works down there. I started using it when I was in my early 30s because I stopped menstruating due to a strict diet. I thought I went through early menopause. I learned from reading the book that I just didn't have enough fat on my body to have a cycle. I've used the book ever since, from having my son to now going through perimenopause. Hope this is helpful!

Re: Clear discharge, stomach pain, sudden increase in libido

Sounds like classic ovulation symptoms to me. Are you in the middle of your cycle? If so that is exactly what it sounds like. When you say increased libido you mean you have the desire or something going on "down there?"

Thread Information