Hi everyone,

I’m back again with another symptom that resulted in me taking a day off college for (a big deal for me as I never have taken a day off before aha!). Basically the past couple days I’ve been feeling a bit poorly which I thought would pass and got several hot flushes. Last night I couldn’t sleep due to the fact I was restless for some reason and my cheeks were on fire (or so I thought) then the skin behind my ears became hot and very itchy. So I scratched them which obviously didn’t help but it drove me mad! I then googled my symptoms and apparently a fever and red itchy skin from the ear means I have something called mestoiditis! Which is deadly if not treated! So instantly I panicked, didn’t sleep at all barely and booked an appointment with a doctor only for me to go and he reassured me it wasn’t infected, checked both ears etc all clear. Told me to put cream on the skin and just not to worry and come back if they go inflamed. I’m just scared in case he missed something or this is the beginning of a deadly infection!