Thread: New Here

New Here

Hi, I'm a long-time lurker and a first time poster. My health anxiety is worse than it's been in over a decade, so I'm here looking for help.

Some background: I'm 32 and have had what I consider to be severe anxiety, including health anxiety, since I was 19. I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma as a young teenager and my knowledge of cancer developed into a crippling fear.

At 19, when I was at my worst, I decided to take an SSRI with a supplementary benzodiazepine to keep the worst of my anxiety at bay. These medications are no longer working, I suspect due to being triggered by my mother's recent death and political instability in the U.S.

I've already been to the doctor four times this month for two different ailments, and have another that I'm going in for this Wednesday.

I hope we can all be of help to one another. I'm so tired of being scared and wasting my life.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Angelica Schuyler and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New Here

Hello Angelica Sorry for your mother loss, all of what you have been through is really difficult but you will emerge out of it stronger. there is always light at the end of the tunnel

So sorry for what you're going through. Keep posting on here to get support. It's great you're going to the doctor.

Best of luck with the doctor.

Welcome! I hope you find this place validating and supportive, as I have. I like your username - Hamilton? I want to see it, have only listened to the soundtrack!!

You've been through a lot in your life, it's not surprising you have health anxiety. I have had it on and off for a long time, and when I lost my mom at 22 it made it a lot worse for a while. I put it in a lot of work and feel I am in a more manageable place with the HA at this point. I'm really sorry to hear that you have lost yours too It's a shitty club to join.

Welcome Angelica.

I’m sorry to hear of your struggles.
    Look forward to seeing you around here
    Best wishes to you

Thread Information