Thread: Weird thoughts and speaking feels weird

Weird thoughts and speaking feels weird

I have a huge fear of Brain tumours and I heard some people lose the ability to speak and lately I feel like words just seem weird, i can still talk perfectly fine I just feel like im going to not be able to make sense of words, sounds pretty silly but I'm freaking out

Re: Weird thoughts and speaking feels weird

Brad, have you ever considered taking an anti-psychotic for your DP/DR? I think it might really help you. I have bad DP/DR too and my therapist has put me on Seroquel...

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Brad, have you ever considered taking an anti-psychotic for your DP/DR? I think it might really help you. I have bad DP/DR too and my therapist has put me on Seroquel...
    My doctor said OCD medication would help but I don't want to

Well in that case, I'm afraid I don't know how to help. I know it's difficult, but medication can really help if you give it a chance.

Hey Brad, I don't come on here often so have only just seen this post but just wanted to let you know that I get exactly the same thing. When other people talk and I talk I think do these words actually mean anything or are we just making random noises and I feel that I'm going to forget the meaning of words or that I just don't understand them. It was actually one of the main things that I had when my anxiety and agitation was really bad and I couldn't even watch TV without these thoughts of words not making sense. I also sometimes feel that the voice coming from me doesn't sound like it's actually coming from me, I know it's me talking but I don't understand how I'm doing it! I don't really have any advice as I still get it sometimes but just wanted to let you know you're not alone with these kind of thoughts x

Hey, I been on and off here for many years now, I though i was getting better as that was my original fear but after reasoning and over coming that side of anxiety i still get a sense nothing around me real and words is something that scare me i feel like am talking drunk ( slurring ) that i am going to loose control of my voice! Which is a problem with my job ... You have to remember and over come by telling the brain you are ok... believe me keep saying it over and over again with self reassurance and reasoning your brain evenutally locks it in your subconcious & before you know it you start thinking about it less & less.
    Am not huge fan of drugs but over the years i found taking them do help & now am like oooo new drug make me better after trying about 8 others that sent me mad but well worth the clarity at the other end!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenijar View Post
    Hey Brad, I don't come on here often so have only just seen this post but just wanted to let you know that I get exactly the same thing. When other people talk and I talk I think do these words actually mean anything or are we just making random noises and I feel that I'm going to forget the meaning of words or that I just don't understand them. It was actually one of the main things that I had when my anxiety and agitation was really bad and I couldn't even watch TV without these thoughts of words not making sense. I also sometimes feel that the voice coming from me doesn't sound like it's actually coming from me, I know it's me talking but I don't understand how I'm doing it! I don't really have any advice as I still get it sometimes but just wanted to let you know you're not alone with these kind of thoughts x
    Thank you so much for responding it helps knowing someone else is experiencing the same thing, my psychiatrist said it's all anxiety which is good. I guess

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boydo View Post
    Hey, I been on and off here for many years now, I though i was getting better as that was my original fear but after reasoning and over coming that side of anxiety i still get a sense nothing around me real and words is something that scare me i feel like am talking drunk ( slurring ) that i am going to loose control of my voice! Which is a problem with my job ... You have to remember and over come by telling the brain you are ok... believe me keep saying it over and over again with self reassurance and reasoning your brain evenutally locks it in your subconcious & before you know it you start thinking about it less & less.
    Am not huge fan of drugs but over the years i found taking them do help & now am like oooo new drug make me better after trying about 8 others that sent me mad but well worth the clarity at the other end!
    Thanks for your response! And yah my psychiatrist wants me to go on a med but I don't like the idea of it

Quote Originally Posted by Brad10 View Post
    my psychiatrist wants me to go on a med but I don't like the idea of it
    Brad... You've started over 80 threads in ten months. An average of 10 per month. Many have suggested real life help and it's great you're seeing a psychiatrist. Does your therapist know you're posting for reassurance on the forum?

Many have also suggested meds to help calm your mind enough to focus on what you're learning in therapy. You've been crawling along all year. Think of meds like crutches until you get your feet back under you. Just based on your threads, it sure can't hurt at this point. You have to do something here!

Think about it. Keep doing the same things and you'll keep getting the same in return.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information