Thread: some please cheer me up!

some please cheer me up!

hello....im 20 years old with an anxiety disorder.
    My parents are causing it to be so bad for me.

Im struggling with it and its hard for me to leave the house or even go to school. Im studying right now to be an accountant so its a lot of work

My mom and i have a horrible relationship and i wish i could just move out! She yells at me everyday tells me im crazy and a loser and doesnt want to support me with my condition. I find im okay when shes gone but when she comes home from work she starts yelling like crazy about stupid things. she has a large anger problem. Since i was a young girl she would always yell at me for nothing. say there is a napkin on the floor she doesnt say pick it up....she SCREAMS PICK ITT UPPPP WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE A PIGGGG ETCC ETCC... goes crazy! i cant take it anymore ( my hands are shaking so bad as a type)

The other day i couldnt make an appointment to an allergist because of my anxiety so i couldnt show up and got fined 100 and it came in the mail and my dad went crazy and said "oh dont worry about it this stuff is going to happen to you everyday your never going to be able to go anywhere"

they dont support me i almost cry everyday. I dont know how to get better because i just need to get away from them but i cant move out im in school right now dont have the money too. My parents are very wealthy but they wouldnt help me out. im stuck!

I try to force myself out of the house when i start to feel better so i dont become completely house bound. I usually start feeling better at night so i go to my friends house just to get out. Then my mom yells at me and says why cant you leave during the day... to run errands your faking and all this stuff.n When acutally during the day i feel bad :(

the worst is when i go to my room and cry and then hear them talking about me downstairs.... they say things like oh shes never going to go anywhere in life. She cant do anything. shes lazy all these bad thoughts which makes me soo much worse!

So i turn to this website! the only people who will understand me.
    sorry its soo long i just had to type this all out to get it out of me!
    thanks!

Re: some please cheer me up!

Hi There

So glad you have joined us if you stick around im sure someone with similar probs will advise you

In the meantime just wanted to say WELCOME and you will get lots of help and support here

Love and Best Wishes

Kaz x x x

Hello dee22,

So sorry for the awful situation you find yourself in

I don't know what the Social Care set up is where you are - I think you really need to talk to someone about this.

Failing that, would your parents be open to perhaps reading some of the articles on this site? The menu on the left has some very helpful information for non-sufferers as well as sufferers.

Communication is very important and maybe if your parents were better informed and could see for themselves that you are certainly not 'putting it on' or lazy, they may be more sympathetic and understanding toward you.

Don't know if I've been much help but at least you are able to come online here and chat to like-minded people.

big hugs for you

Hi Dee and welcome im sure you will make some good friends on here to support ad help you hope you feel better soon hun love Gail xxxx

Hi dee and You are not alone.You will get lots of support and advise here.There is always someone to listen to you.Dont apologise for your post,thats what its for.
    Big Hugs for you

Hi Dee

Just wanted to welcome you too hun, i hope we can be of help

If you look around the site there is some good information that can help.

You say you are studying at school, do they have anyone in school that you could talk to in confidence, does your school have councilling facilities? I can understand how you are felling hun as my daughter is going through exactly the same at the moment due to stress with exams.

Where all here for you hun and hope we can guide you in the right direction.

Hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thank you all for your support! i feel a lot better now

awww dee im so so sorry you have to live in that situation hun,i wish i could take ya home ...im sure you feel real lousy about them treating you that way no one deserves that especially from a parent awwwwww i have 2 kids about your age and my heart goes out too you...you say you can go out at night just really try a little each day to go out ....is it possible for you to live at a friends house or another relative? well just know this we are all here if you ever wanna talk just pm me or get my addy from my profile ok...hang in there your gonna get strong enough to beat this and be on ya own ......i wish ya the best my thoughts and prayers are with you.........Linda xx

Hi Dee,

I'm really sorry that your parents don't understand what you are dealing with right now. I am so glad you are continuing with your education because that is your way out. If you have problems speaking with them have you ever tried writing them a letter expressing your feelings to them? Perhaps they might see that differently than a talk face to face. I agree with Linda to try and get out during the day a little bit at a time outside your comfort zone. If you need to get a friend to walk around the block with you. Tell someone about this problem so that you have support. You always have us here and the chat room is a great place to go for support or to have a laugh.

Laura

Thread Information