Thread: Green therapy anyone??

Green therapy anyone??

Hey everyone,

A month or two ago, there was a study released about green therapy - spending time in nature to help with anxiety and depression. Has anyone made an effort to try this out? Also, I live (and often work) in the countryside, but I was wondering if anyone had come across any specific green therapy events. When this was on the news, they were interviewing people that were taking part in green therapy volunteering events, which involved things like habitat management and conservation work. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this/tried it.

Thanks a lot. J.
    Last edited by JamesG_UK; 15-11-17 at 14:47.

Re: Green therapy anyone??

Yes, a charity I used to attend were good at networking with other government schemes and they were pushing some local green initiatives. It was a couple of years ago now. It wasn't therapy but it was considered a healthy activity for people like us. The social element is good too.

One of the guys who attended the groups also volunteered at a local park doing maintenance work. He said it greatly helped him.

I find gardening work quite healthy for body & mind. Just sweeping, clearing, maintenance, etc helps me. I struggle with the adrenaline issues and it's a good low intensity way to burn it off. Even housework can help me in this respect, it's quite distracting.

Getting outside is good too, fresh air, sounds & smells of nature, etc. Even better if it is sunny & warm.

I have memories of working at weekends with my dad. He was a landscape gardener and often did side jobs, as most of them probably do as the pay has always been poor. It was one of the best times I've had at work. It felt like I was achieving something compared to office work, which became my career, where so much is "virtual paperwork" and invisible achievements.

Good, honest graft. I've never slept so well and this was 15 years before my anxiety.

Re: Green therapy anyone??

Green therapy is a very interesting concept! But you can integrate "the green" into a healthy diet and you ll have great benefits!

Use spinach.. it's great for the nervous system, given the fact that it has a lot of magnesium. Eat clean, a lot of veggies. Take out meat and wheat related stuff!

Thread Information