Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning to Live

Re: Learning to Live

Karen..

I am SO proud of you, taking this step is amazing and very brave! It takes one SPECIAL lady to do this.....and thats what you are

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Karen

This is indeed fantastic news

Im sooooooo pleased you are being helped in a way you can cope with at long last

Im sorry if I appear to have been saying harsh things to you lately but it was only because I care

Your friend sounds like a very special person too please tell them how gratefull we all are that you are being cared for

Take Care Karen

Luv Kaz x x x

Thank you all so much for the wonderful replies.

Kaz - Your replies were never harsh hun. I know it's because you care

My friend in indeed very special and I am lucky to be given this chance and it has given me such renewed hope for the future again.

Lou - My day has good hun. How are you? I did normal but good things for a change - went to a mother/parent group with my friend, walked, talked, played with her two girls and generally had a very good day.

I'm looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow!

Karen xx

I'm eating well and I am drug free apart from my prescribed meds.

However, I now have insomnia as a result of going from the huge quantities of sleeping pills I had been taking to now taking none.

I would really like some sleep but not through those pills again. Any advice gratefully received.

Karen xx

Oh by the way Nic I am drug free so far this week and I will get to Telford!

Karen xx

well your post has made me smile... well done you!!!
    as ive said before i dont very often post now but i do keep an eye on whats going on... am very proud of you and so pleased you have a friend to help.
    sending you loads of posative vibes and hugs to get you on your way...
    rach
    x

Thanks Rach

Karen xx

Hi Karen..

I know how horrible insomnia is. I was sleeping maybe an hour a day for a year or more, my body eventually got use to it, so when the insomnia stopped, sleeping was so alien to me, i was ALWAYS exhausted despite getting the hours my body needed!!!! No one could understand how i was able to function on no sleep...to me, then, it was the "norm".

With ways to help...

A few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow is good, it really worked for me. You have to try and get into a good sleep pattern of going to bed at the same time every night, so your body gets use to it. Basically, i was told it was like how you treat a newborn. If you are really not tired, then read for a bit, but nothing to stimulating, IE. TV or PC. I still now have really horrible weeks where i am awake at 4am. When i finally get to sleep and wake up, i have try and stay awake, otherwise, come bedtime, you're not tired enough, and there starts your vicious circle.

...i've been typing this for too long, got to get my sons breakfast before school....oops!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thanks for those tips Bluebell. I have had long term problems with insomnia too which is how I ended up being on sleeping pills in the first place but my body adjusted so I just taking more and more.

Now I've had to stop and I feel tired during the day and awake at night when it needs to be the other way round. I think I managed at most an hour last night again. Eventually I just got up as it was pointless lying in bed trying to sleep when I was wide awake.

Oh well off to spend the afternoon with my friend later so I'm sure her little girls will wake me up!

Karen xx

Hi Karen,

Hope you have another good day today

About the insomnia maybe mention it to your doc tomorrow.

Take care,

Lisa x

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information