Thread: Seralax

Seralax

Anyone been on Seralax for anxiety? I'm doing a bit of research now and reading some reviews. I'm on Sertraline 100mg at the moment but hoping to come off that as soon as the doctor agrees to it.

Seralax ingredients are:

GABA (200mg)
    L-Theanine (100mg)
    Passionflower(150mg)
    Kava kava (100mg)
    Valerian (150mg)
    Jujube (50mg)
    Skulllcap (75mg)
    Griffonia beans (an excellent source of 5-HTP).

Re: Seralax

You'll need to import it since kava kava is banned in the UK. That means they can seize it legally. But I've unknowingly imported DHA in the past and known of others who have imported GABA (which is also banned) without issue.

If you want to look at the individual ingredients then a good site is examinesupplements as it shows any studies to support or not.

It's definitely a concern that these supplements get banned and instead doctors prescribe stuff such as SSRI and other antidepressants and antipsychotics. Surely these sort of natural cures are more likely to give better results.

Seems it is all about money these days at least I guess. I've watched documentaries on medication and not sure if doctors are doing the right things or not. They seem to just follow procedure and standard prescriptions.

Yeah, I agree. Some substances were banned at that time when the sports stars were using them and others due to the media reporting on date rape drugs. Politicians went over the top. It wasn't about safety, it was restricting their access. GABA got banned because GHB has a similiar mechanism of action rather than being a danger. DHA just got roped in. No science behind it. I remember when it happened and the media around it all.

GABA & DHA are sold over the counter in the US and their FDA have no issues with them. I wonder whether this is went Customs seem to let them slip through? They are probably such a low priority compared to people importing Benzodiazapenes?

Kava Kava has health concerns so that is one to be more careful in checking out. I seem to recall some other countries have banned it for this reason but not all.

The drug companies dictate and the doctors just follow the licencing. You've only got to look at the listed side effects to know the difference between powerful drugs & supplements. To us, taking a chance on supplements seems less worrying when you've spent months battling side effects that can be very unpleasant.

I think the supplement route is very interesting. It's just hit & miss, but then so can meds be too, and supplements are much easier stopped.

The recent ban on legal highs has also meant no highs such as cognitive enhancers have also been banned for little reason. It's just politics, being perceived to be doing good and gaining votes. It's very disappointing that expert groups are on board with it, you expect such garbage from politicians.

It's worth a go, although Kava Kava I know little about (seen people say it helps though) so check out any risks about that one, and ones L-theonine get good reviews as a standalone. Valerian works for some, I didn't see anything myself but it was a long time ago and I'm not sure I gave it enough of a go anyway.

I would suggest getting any meds out that have an interaction. To safe you could use a washout period. Multiple the half life of the med by 5 to get to <5% remaining or by 7 to completely eliminate it. That's only a standard pharmacokinetic calculation, they differ per drug and even by person (kidney disorders slow it down, hydration levels play a part, etc), but it's a guide and I know with Sertraline that rule holds true in reaching it's steady-state in your blood plasma when starting on it so it should be pretty accurate.

I’ve tried 2 gaba supplements before one which was a high dose 500mg tablet and one that was 200mg linked in with vitamin B6 which meant it was meant to be able to cross the blood brain barrier.... they were both shite. You can get gaba from an online uk store called health emporium - all legit. As for kava kava - I have heard it has got its downfalls in terms of side effect profile and withdrawal profiles. The vitamin tablet you suggest serelax would most certainly work as l theanine, skull cap and kava kava all have been proven to work but they are nootropics and have no real medical background behind them so they are sold as food supplements rather than an anti anxiety med

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nootropics is something I know little about although I've known about them for a while.

Some people really rave about them and I do think there is more to them than many people realise. Doctors and the medical industry needs to take them more seriously in my opinion. Although there is of course the risk of a lot of them being unsafe or scams but worth doing the research / discussion on this topic.

Also what do you think would be a good starting point for getting off Sertraline how slow should I reduce it?

I'm thinking 3-4 weeks on 75mg, 50mg, 25mg, 10mg from 100mg?

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Also nootropics same as medications some just work much better for one person than another. So you might see a review of someone who's tried it and it's worked really well but for you it does nothing other than give you a stomachache or headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I’ve tried 2 gaba supplements before one which was a high dose 500mg tablet and one that was 200mg linked in with vitamin B6 which meant it was meant to be able to cross the blood brain barrier.... they were both shite. You can get gaba from an online uk store called health emporium - all legit. As for kava kava - I have heard it has got its downfalls in terms of side effect profile and withdrawal profiles. The vitamin tablet you suggest serelax would most certainly work as l theanine, skull cap and kava kava all have been proven to work but they are nootropics and have no real medical background behind them so they are sold as food supplements rather than an anti anxiety med

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GABA is illegal in the UK and covered by The Misuse Of Drugs Act. GHB wad placed on Schedule 3 which puts it in the same category as benzo's but I think GABA is considered Schedule 4 which is the low level one that covers all meds that aren't higher graded e.g. antidepressants sit in Schedule 4.

What happens is you buy from a site that says it's in the UK but they process the sale outside of the UK and export it to you. Selling even supplements on Schedule 4 brings a nic long spell in the nick for drug dealing (or Trafficking if imported).

Supplements like DHA & GABA are legal in the US so some companies send them from there which is legal to do in the US. It just breaks the law in the UK but the charge is levied on the importer who is expected to observe the law. I think that's a copout by governments as the exporter can make profit from you and you may never receive it (and worse, get a knock). And one issue with the Act is the lists aren't complete and it comes with a lovely little disclaimer about you still being liable as you should have asked them to check first!

One high ranking Google seller keeps an office in many countries (literally PO box) to trade through but dispatches from the US to get around the bans. I used them unknowingly years ago and later checked them out. They just have an office in the UK in London. It's very sneaky!

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I’ve tried 2 gaba supplements before one which was a high dose 500mg tablet and one that was 200mg linked in with vitamin B6 which meant it was meant to be able to cross the blood brain barrier.... they were both shite.
    I thought it was the precursor to GABA that crosses the BBB with B6 to carry it? The brain then still decides if it needs to build any GABA.

They still seem to be learning about GABA though so you never know.

Thread Information