Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling alone and sad on my birthday :(

Re: Feeling alone and sad on my birthday :(

Hiyer.....hope you managed to get out and about and at least do something nice. Everyone deserves a nice day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU!

Can I say something though ? Obviously, on this same thread, this birthday was the same as the last. It sounds pretty miserable. So, what could you change do you think, in your life, to make the next birthday a better one. Do you have friends? could you reach out to family again? Is your partner the right one for you if he cares that little? Do you work, voluntary roles, hobbies, groups, meeting other people? Its sad to feel so lonely, but there must be ways you could work on that would make a difference to your happiness. Don't just accept that next year will be the same.....

Happy Birthday Carnation.
    Birthday’s can be so lonely without a parent there to make a fuss of you. Do something for you. Much love xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I wasn't expecting that!
    I feel I should apologise for being so grim this morning.
    I don't like birthdays and I get very emotional and depressed. Carys, you are right. Next year I will look at celebrating it differently.
    Magic, I remember it would be your daughter's birthday on the 18th so I will be thinking of you.
    Buster, the flowers and chocs are lovely.
    Matt, thank you for taking the time as I know you have your own problems.
    April moon and Scass, thank you.
    And my mate Terry, you always have kind words for me.
    The day is almost over and I will be pleased when it is, as I find birthdays so difficult.

I think a lot of people on here find birthdays very difficult, Carnation. I know they are dreaded in my house. I hope you have had a better day than you anticipated earlier on x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carnation!

I don't like birthdays much either... The pressure society puts on us to be happy and cheerful when we feel like a crock of shit inside. So act as you feel and don't be sorry. It is, after all, YOUR day

Never Surrender, Comrade

Much appreciated Pulisa and KK77.

Yep......making next birthday different may mean changing things throughout the year, live differently and you reap the rewards the next birthday. Well, I love my birthday; I force everyone to be at my beck and call all day....I am demanding (in a nice way) and frequently whine ' but its my birthday...make me a cup of tea' etc. I drive everyone potty all day and leading up to the day I ask loads of questions about my cake and presents and where I am going (that they won't answer of course)LOLOL. Makes people realise I have high expectations. Ha ha ! Shameless. However, I do it for others too, so fair is fair. Try it with your partner, I mean HOW can he get away with just getting you a card ? Thats pathetic. Make sure he KNOWS in advance that you expect MUCH better.

I do understand about missing your Mum, but what you could do is instead of all out celebration....go somewhere nice for the day. A special day out where you can think and reflect instead ?

Hi Carys. Last year my partner took me to a very expensive restaurant and it was awful! The food was terrible and we were the only ones in there. (That should have been the warning). We were both ill, so I said I didn't want to eat out this year. The weather was awful today, foggy, damp and dark. Otherwise we could have gone out somewhere. So, I ended up doing nothing. He's not a bad partner, but unless I organise something, we don't do anything. He has no imagination and is not romantic. :(
    I don't know my late mum comes to the forefront on my birthday, but it does. I don't want to sound morbid, but I on special occasions I feel down about her not being around. I was an only child, so a big loss for me. And her family don't speak to me anymore. That's the way it is.
    But, I will think more about what I do next year and you have suggested some ideas. x

I think McC should be pampering you at least. It's a bit thoughtless.

Is there anything else you would like to do other than a meal? Can he take you out for the day somewhere you want to go? Even if it means the sledgehammer approach of slatting a brochure down on top of his Ipad claiming you wouldn't mine going to see that.

Hi Carnation
    I was alone on birthday,just the dog for company and a bottle of Grange.i don’t do birthdays haven’t done for years.I don’t do Xmas either I find it a lonely time and a waste of money.
    Anyway Happy Birthday xx:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information