Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabies- My cheese is sliding

Re: Rabies- My cheese is sliding

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    THe incident JUST happened, so I have months and months to wait and see if anything comes of this, months and months of possible worry every time she gets a cold. I know that is my problem and no one else's, and I do fight to try to see the reality of the situation. It's really hard, though, and I guess I was hoping to hear validation that this is you really imagining something that you had just read about.

I did check my attic last night and I didn't see anything up there or notice any evidence of bats or other animals. There's no poop that I saw anywhere, no foul smells. I mean, I couldn't see 100%...and....I am still scared. I woke up at 6 this morning thinking straight about it. I know I will desensitize over time.

Planning to call the local health department today. I think they know more than peds. Hopefully, I will get a you're crazy out of them!
    I suggest you forego that call. Allow me to save you the trouble... Your thinking is totally and absolutely skewed here (PC way of saying you're crazy )

This is a non-issue plain and simple. There's nothing you could say to try and reason this into the realm of fact and reality (.) Period!

If you're not getting real life professional help, I would advice it with urgency!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The post did stress me out RI, but I know you didn't mean that. THe incident JUST happened, so I have months and months to wait and see if anything comes of this, months and months of possible worry every time she gets a cold. I know that is my problem and no one else's, and I do fight to try to see the reality of the situation. It's really hard, though, and I guess I was hoping to hear validation that this is you really imagining something that you had just read about.

I did check my attic last night and I didn't see anything up there or notice any evidence of bats or other animals. There's no poop that I saw anywhere, no foul smells. I mean, I couldn't see 100%...and....I am still scared. I woke up at 6 this morning thinking straight about it. I know I will desensitize over time.

Planning to call the local health department today. I think they know more than peds. Hopefully, I will get a you're crazy out of them!
    Again im really sorry. We have studied many forms of bats in Australia and getting rabies is VERY rare here. Its crossed my mind to even get vaccine for my kids. Bitten or not its never to late. The thought of rabies just freaks me out, i cant imagine your worry at this time. And by all means, call the local health department ASAP to easy your mind. I don't know how far away you DR is, but i have one just down the road, i would have already been there. Its great you're trying to rule things out, giving your house a very good checking. My posts mite sound strait forward and are not helping your panic in anyway, but i have anxiety and panic, but if i didn't have anxiety and panic issues, i would panic regardless in this (your) situation. Theres panic posts on this forum, and i would love to calm them, but your post is different, we were not there and seen what you seen. Most stated is the bite marks will still be visable and there are great replies here in this thread stating what others think that can help you, but in the end, like you said must be done:
    I really wish you the best for your child's sake to. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I suggest you forego that call. Allow me to save you the trouble... Your thinking is totally and absolutely skewed here (PC way of saying you're crazy )

This is a non-issue plain and simple. There's nothing you could say to try and reason this into the realm of fact and reality (.) Period!

If you're not getting real life professional help, I would advice it with urgency!

Positive thoughts
    Fishmanpa gives great advice here I think.

Update us when you get a chance.

Well, I did call the doc. Because we didn't see a bat, they are saying it's my call whether to go to ER or not.

My husband is more of the Fishmanpa frame of mind, and I am still really scared. Plus, I think the shots are thousands of dollars....so.....that's a consideration too for a HA fantasy. Ugh.

Plus, would the bat not still be there, flying around the room? Bats aren't Houdini.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy77 View Post
    Plus, would the bat not still be there, flying around the room? Bats aren't Houdini.
    I have no idea. If they can fly in, why can't they fly out (I know I have no evidence that one flew in).

My husband is more of the Fishmanpa frame of mind, and I am still really scared. Plus, I think the shots are thousands of dollars....so.....that's a consideration too for a HA fantasy. Ugh.
    Isn't it ironic that the abbreviation of Health Anxiety is "HA"? (As in "Ha Ha Ha") If it wasn't for the fact that people really do suffer with this level of mental angst and irrationality, it could be taken as someone trying to "pull a mick" . I often think to myself when reading some threads, "You have to be joking here right?"

I truly hope you find some peace with this. It truly is totally irrational.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Well, I totally get that this is nutty and has a tenuous connection to reality. I also totally get that this is my baby and there is more than one case of bat rabies with no known bat exposure.....so......it does feel like a dilemma. I can't explain what was going on with the nose, and that keeps coming up in my brain.

The cheese has done hit the floor Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

But you can explain that with enough effort you managed to rub away the marks. You can't rub away puncture wounds. So, whatever the red stuff was (and it was probably that chapstick) you know that it filled a hole of some kind and then completely came out.

If it was blood, how did you manage mimic your child's body by healing the wounds? Wiping away blood from puncture marks will mean seeing some tissue damage underneath until it heals.

The bat would have to have teeth like pins so thin you can't even see a puncture mark which then again begs the question of how you can determine the difference between tiny holes and the pores of the nose.

Something I think you really need to consider here is advancing the compulsions into actions that affect another person. Shouldn't the act of putting your child through any procedure for anything be a red line for a parent? Please don't take this the wrong way, you are thinking that you need to protect your child and I know it's only an injection but perhaps this is the time to stand up to that fear? Anxiety can have HAers in & out of doctors worrying about their kids and doctors love tests to rule things out and I believe we need to stop anything we can that brings others into our worries so as to spare them anything we can.

If you still can't cope without the jab, I certainly won't judge you for that but I'm hoping you might fight it back here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information