Thread: Introduction

Introduction

I am a 28-year old female who has been suffering with anxiety and depression for about six years now. Well, if I think about it, I've always been a bit of an anxious person, dating all the way back to childhood, but it worsened to the point where it affected my day to day living six years ago.

Most of my anxiety lately centres around my health. I think my struggles initally were triggered by the death of one of my siblings - he was a young man with two kids and passed away in his sleep. Since then, every time I get a symptom of anything (or convince myself I have a symptom) I worry I'm dying. I obsess over my health and if I hear someone I know if battling a health issue I have a tendency to obsess over it until I feel the same symptoms myself and convince myself I'm dying.

Thankfully, I have a doctor who is very understanding of my issues and works with me to relieve my fears. I also have a great partner who works very hard to keep me level and to calm my fears, but sometimes he gets frustrated with how easily I panic and how difficult I can be. I hate that I feel like a burden to him.

I have two children and being taken away from them is one of my biggest worries. It keeps me up at night.

My anxiety comes and goes in waves. Some times I am great for weeks and have no panic attacks or other issues. And then other times I am a wreck.

I started on Zoloft about five years ago and currently take 100mg every day.

Mostly, I'm just looking for a place where I can voice my fears and worries and have people who understand what its like to feel so trapped in your own mind. My family is wonderful but they just don't understand and I get tired of feeling like I'm burdening them with all my issues.

So. That's me.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Punky789 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information