Thread: Very Anxious over Itchy Sore Anus!

Very Anxious over Itchy Sore Anus!

Hi, Wonder if anyone has had these symptoms please? I have always suffered from time to time with itchy bottom, but since my holiday in September when I had constipation, I now have a very itchy and sore anus, which is made worse by walking. I would add this has never bled. Went to Doctor who did not examine me, but said it was either piles or a fissure and gave me some ointment which did nothing to alleviate the symptoms. The whole area feels swollen and irritated. I am going to toilet every day no problems, although its weird because I just get pressure rather than the urge to go, and it's almost like my sphincter is numb, as I don't feel the bowel movement leave my body. Not painful, until a few hours later when it s really sore. I can feel my HA kicking my in, so thought I would ask if anyone else has had this. Thank you.

Re: Very Anxious over Itchy Sore Anus!

Sounds exactly like piles or a fissure. Doc should have examined you though in case you need different cream for one or the other. Go back and see him

We have a cream here called Anusol that would help but don't know if you can get that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It definitely sounds like piles. If you can't get a cream, try witchazel or even apple cider vineager can relieve the symptoms. It's a very annoying problem and also very common. Completely understand it triggering your HA - exactly what happens to me but what you describe is classic pile symptoms.
    Be well

I think your doctor should have examined you Gail May.
    Perhaps the pharmacy could help you. If nothing works go back to the doctors.
    If I get the soreness and itching I use E45 cream.

Apple cider vinegar is useful. I use that for skin too. Stings a bit. Good Luck

Yep, sounds like piles to me too.

Mine used to sweat as I walked so there was some seeping. The same when sitting upright on harder chairs when they were playing up.

Itching is common. I had loads of that when they were playing up. It's probably just like how areas that area healing start itching.

I found warm salt water baths worked well to relief these types of symptoms.

Try not to scratch them. It will feel better initially but they will go sore for some hours.

I think some people ice them too but I never tried that.

Hi I am answering my own question here, in case it helps anyone else!
    I have for the past year, been following a low carb, exercise regime, and drinking whey protein drinks daily.
    Having tried everything for my gut and anal problems with no respite I began to research my problems. It was only by chance I came across a whole raft of people with the same symptoms, known as BAS (burning arse syndrome!). This is caused by an allergic reaction to whey or too much protein.

So stopped the protein drinks, bought probiotics to balance out my gut flora. Low and behold, two tablets later, and all the burning and itching disappeared and bowel movements so much better.
    So anyone with similar, and taking protein drinks, please be aware of this problem.
    Thank you everybody for all your kind replies.

Thread Information