Thread: Tingling head/dizziness

Tingling head/dizziness

I know others get this but I get it too now and I hate it.

Does anyone else get a boaty/rocking to and fro feeling sometimes and VERTIGO?

I get Vertigo in a big way, I can stand and look at something and the whole things feels as if it's moving away but it cant and I'm standing or sitting dead still.

Also the back of my head keeps tingling and making (what feels like) my hair moving?

It's awful!

HELP

Re: Tingling head/dizziness

I suffer from vertigo coz my left ear has been blocked for weeks - I try not to panic as that makes it worse - I try to relax my breathing - hold onto a desk or sit down and just reassure myself. Dr gave me eardrops which didnt help and tablets which helped but were for short term only. Wenjoy x

David, I have the same exact feeling at the moment. Its terrible. I feel like I am on a boat. I cannot focus on anything, and I am nauseous. I also have that tingling sensation on the back of my head. I wonder if it could be allergy related? I am trying not to panic. The fact we both have it should be reassuring. It is very uncomfortable.

-- Anonymous

Hi David,

I get this feeling all the time - it's like there's a string out of the top of your head and someone's waving it around. Not quite like you're dizzy and you'll fall over, just that you feel a bit woozy.

I've been reliably informed (by my GP and a massage person) that the itchy head (for me, it's often where my spine joins my head, but sometimes spreads out over my scalp) is muscle tension in your neck and shoulders. If you can, go somewhere for a massage and get them to go really deep in your shoulders, neck, and the top of your back/chest - this makes a huuge difference. Both symptoms should go away (at least until your anxiety makes them worse again)!

Hope that's helpful.

Nick.

Thanks guys!

The vertigo is horrible, just looking at something and it feels like it's moving away and the boaty feeling ergggh!

It's always worse when you want it to go away and then it just stays and gets worse.

I keep seeing lots of stars moving around in my eyes too? It's horrible!

I get something very similar although I find it difficult to describe. I class it as feeling dizzy - but im not sure if it is. Sometimes it feels like my head is full of cotton wool, sometimes i feel lightheaded, sometimes it feels like im drunk. I have just come back from holiday and the feeling you get on take off and your head feels funny is how i often feel.

Sorry its waffly but i dont know the right words. All i do know is that im scared stiff at the moment and am sure there is something badly wrong.

Im really struggling at the moment.

Thanks, Julie

Thread Information