Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge 2017

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge 2017

You have maybe seen this challenge floating around Facebook and Twitter the last few days and I thought it would be good to have our own version on NMP. My therapist also recommended I do this so I thought it would be nice to do this all together.

What is the purpose of the challenge?
    A once-a-year project to focus on those people, experiences and things in our life that we appreciate. Many of us go through day to day life in auto pilot and sometimes fail to stop and realise for a second - what is going right instead what is going wrong.

We are a bit late at starting this since the official challenge started on 1st Nov but our challenge will take us to just before Christmas

Each day on this thread, there will be a new question for us all to answer. They will all be taken from the official challenge website and some are 'expected' questions such as Which friend/family member are you most grateful for? and then some are more 'obscure' and these questions are designed to make us actually take in what has happened throughout the day and to show that there is always some good to take out of every day, even on our worst days.

So lets get the challenge started day one starts with an obscure question lol

Day 1 - "Which smell are you most grateful for today?"

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Day one for me - the smell of my apple and cinnamon candles. They make me feel cosy and festive.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge 2017

OOOH what a lovely idea! I'm looking forward to seeing the questions and people's answers

Day one is hard, so many to choose from!
    I'm going to be less specific and say my bedroom. It's not something I can put my finger on, just a lovely familiar smell of comfort

This is a great idea. I hope it keeps getting bumped so I don't forget to come back to it!!

The smell I am most grateful for is the smell of coffee brewing in the morning.

I love this!! I guess mine is a bit weird. I feel like my children have their own scent, when I smell their hair or breath, it reminds me of cola icepops only sweeter. It's strange. But I love that smell. It's what their pillows smell of.

I'm very grateful for there being enough to eat. There was a time when my mother was so poor we'd often have nothing to eat for days. Also I'm so grateful to be living in such a comforting living space that feels safe.

Since I am still awake, I will post Day 2's question now -

Which type of technology are you most grateful for?

I'm stuck between my phone and my laptop. Both provide me with a means to contact people and also can be used as leisure. I'd probably go for my phone but I am very grateful for my laptop.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I am most grateful for my smart phone for sure. I love everything we can do with them these days. I never feel isolated as I know I can connect with people with a few taps, which is nice.

Emmerlooeez I can totally get the smell of your children being your favourite, people do have their own scent for sure

Hmm day 2, got to be the smart phone for me too I think. They are pretty amazing! My Mam is in Australia at the moment on holiday and I've been talking to her with video through my phone for free via whatsapp, I can also message her whenever I want even though we're 10 hours apart time difference wise. It's pretty mind blowing! lol

Yeah Vicky, I think so. It changes if they are ill, sometimes I can tell they're going to be ill lol. Smartphones and social media are amazing for that. My cousin is in Aus and we don't get to talk as much as I'd like because of the time difference, but we can keep each other up-to-date with life, etc. So it's lovely to stay in touch. Also love that people can mark themselves as 'safe' after a terror attack, etc! x

I think the technology I am most grateful for is transportation ... can't imagine what life was like before we had cars, planes, trains, etc.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information