Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelvic floor dysfunction?

Pelvic floor dysfunction?

After examination and some tests dr thinks I may have pelvic floor dysfunction. Been given exercises by a physio but no improvement. Does anyone have this? I feel so hopeless I can't cope with the pain. I can't help but think my anxiety is at least partly to blame as I feel like my muscles in pelvic are are constantly clenched. I can't get any relief by trying to relax then as instructed, it just doesn't seem to work for me. The pain is excruciating so in worrying it might be something worse. Does anyone else have this, if so have you any advice please. Btw I'm female. Thanks

Re: Pelvic floor dysfunction?

I had a grade 2 - 3 bladder prolapse and slight back passage prolapse after the birth of my daughter two years ago. All three of my children were big babies at birth, my oldest son was nearly 10lbs, my daughter was 9 and a half lbs and my middle child was nearly 8lbs. So this caused the prolapse, plus a near third degree tear after a forceps delivery with my eldest. I was referred to gynae physio which was brilliant. I was told how to do pelvic floor exercises properly and for intense exercise I have a ring suppository I was to wear (just for things like aerobics). They also offered me this strengthening tool thing which I didn't bother with but some women find it useful. My prolapse had now gone down to a level 1 - 2, so pretty standard for a woman who has given birth. My lower back and pelvic pain is now gone. When I first had the prolapse my back and lower pelvis was very sore. I eve had leg pain.

I recommend a referral to gynae physio.

Re: Pelvic floor dysfunction?

Poppy I'm glad your prolapse has improved. My dr says I don't have prolapse after examining me. I don't know much about pelvic floor dysfunction. Does anyone who has it suffer from pain in pelvis , groin , low back. I also get urinary frequency and genital symptoms. Gp has given me local oestrogen low dose l treatment, but the side effects are horrible so I've
    stopped it. I go back to see her in 2 weeks. I had a pelvic ultrasound last year and ct scan the year before, both ok. I'm so scared it's something she's missed and she's not taking me seriously because of my anxiety. I can feel myself spiralling downwards.

Anxiety causes of pelvic floor tension?? ??

Has anyone been told that their pelvic floor tension/pain is caused by anxiety. Thanks

Pelvic floor

Has anyone had pelvic floor pain, if so what were your symptoms? Or is it not even an actual disorder? Thank you.

Despair

I've had several medical tests over past 2 1/2 years, ultrasounds, ct, endoscopy, colonoscopy, pelvic exam. Nothing was found but my symptoms have not improved in fact the pain has got worse. I am nauseous snd retching nearly every day too, when I asked the consultant about that he said" yes, why are you being sick? " then said I was very anxious and sent me off without any advice. I do know I suffer from anxiety and depression and have had CBT etc and am on fluoxetine.
    I was hoping to have a final Christmas with my dear family. I feel in my heart that is not going to happen it is already too late . I don't want them to always associate Christmas with losing me. Does that make sense. That's how I feel and i feel selfish and weak saying that to people on the forum but doctors and psychiatrists have never helped me I just feel like no one understands although my family has tried they just see "health anxiety" . I don't blame them i think it's better for them than knowing I am really ill.

Re: Pelvic floor

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Elen I really wish you had not moved my post. It's not really about the symptoms being female ones. I don't think many men read the female symptoms post so it is a shame . I think you have missed the point. It takes me ages to get my thoughts clear and type a post properly.

Where do you want it? You have done two posts close together in two different forums so I had to guess.

It is a female problem but do you want it moved to the health anxiety forum instead?

Yes health anxiety please . I am so sorry if I did not post it correctly, the first post can stay in female if that's ok. Sorry if I made a mistake I cant think dtraight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information