Thread: Husbands symptom has me scared - can’t relax.

Husbands symptom has me scared - can’t relax.

My husband told me yesterday he has had blood in his stol for 3 days or so. I am freaking out. I’ve told him many times I’ve thought he had IBS or something similar but this has me beyond scared about something more sinister. I can’t stop thinking about the worst case. We are both 30 years old, two young kiddos. I have HA as it is - but it’s almost worse now that I’m worried about him. And the worst part is he hates going to the dr so he hasn’t gone yet.

I don’t even know why I’m posting this. Please forgive the whining. I just can’t believe how anxious I feel and I’m actually having physical anxiety symptoms that I haven’t had in a long while and thought they were gone for good! I hate anxiety. If you read this, thank you. Any one else get health anxious over their loved ones?!?!

Re: Husbands symptom has me scared - can’t relax.

Try and relax he could just have hemeroids or something simple or a tear he doesn’t have to have cancer, and nowadays bowel cancer is one of the most treatable cancers there is, so don’t worry, make sure he gets checked out but remember cancer is rare

Re: Husbands symptom has me scared - can’t relax.

A lot of people have blood in their stool. It happens for so many different reasons, bowel cancer being one of the least common. What color was the blood? Any changes in diet lately?

I do get health anxiety over loved ones for sure. I think we all do to an extent. I'd encourage him to see a doctor, but depending on the color of the blood and assessment of other symptoms going on, they may not do anything (I've been there actually).

Just remember how rare bowel cancer is, and how common it is for folks to occasionally have blood in the stool.

Acknowledge you're going through an anxious period and do what you can now to calm it down before it snowballs. Write out your thoughts, ask yourself if someone said them to you, what would you tell them?

Wishing you all the best <3

Thread Information