Thread: Mammogram recall and Breast pain

Mammogram recall and Breast pain

Hi,

I have been recalled for my Mammogram this year as they have spotted a change from my last one a year ago.

My mum died of breast cancer at 47 and I am obviously very concerned. More so because for a few months I have been getting a pulling sensation in my left breast when I bend right or stretch my arm to the right. I did a lot of kettle bells and exercise so I had put it down to this and was monitoring it.

Has anyone else had this feeling and has anyone been recalled after years of mammograms. I am 50 btw.

Many thanks

Re: Mammogram recall and Breast pain

Hi Worry chick x Big hugs. You are understandably worried especially regarding your mum. It may just be a cyst or fibroadenoma and until you have a repeat scan try not to worry too much but I know this will be easier said than done. When is your next one?

Thank you so much for replying. I have a tomography and ultrasound on Monday 27th but then will have to wait again for results. On top of that I move house on 30th which is also now a worry as we have taken on a large mortgage! Not great timing but I'm not sure it ever would be! If I didn't have the pulling I'd be more relaxed but the whole thing is really frightening! I so do not want to leave my children without their mum as I miss mine so much xx

Hello! Just wanted to stop by and say that I've gone through an abnormal ultrasound (had some lumps I found during self examination) very recently. I had a 3D mammo and everything came back clear so they are going to do a wait and see.

I too had weird sensations/things going on w/ the breast with lumps including: pulling, itchiness, crazy bruising (from an acupuncture session) and it seems to be that they were related but not in a bad way. Try to save yourself the worry (I know it's impossible to not worry) and refrain from making connections to things that might not be connected.

Anxiety can do a number to the shoulders and neck area, along with the fact that you've been doing kettlebells there's a good chance that you just happen to have a wonky mammogram as well as strained your pecs through exercise. I use the old medical school saying "when you hear hoofbeats, think horses and not zebras" to calm myself in these situations. Basically, don't jump to the extreme right off the bat. Hope this is helpful!
    Last edited by MJunderway; 24-11-17 at 15:58. Reason: grammar

Thank you for replying. A few days to wait and moving house Thursday! Praying all will be ok or manageable xxxx

How did you get on worry? x

Thread Information