Thread: Diagnosed with mild gastritis and health anxiety after a tachycardia incident.

Diagnosed with mild gastritis and health anxiety after a tachycardia incident.

Hi all. This is my story and was just wondering if anyone else has these symptoms. I'm 40 years old and a postie. Always had good health, no issues until Jan 2017. I was out on my round and suddenly felt very strange. Like I'd got an overwhelming sense of doom. I felt weak and shaky and my vision went weird and blurry. After a few weeks I decided to go to my GP and they discovered I had a resting heart rate of 140 bpm. I was sent to the ER and had bloods done and an ecg. All fine.. Told to go home and rest. Since this, I've has more blood tests for celiac disease, diabetes and full blood count. I've had a 24hr ecg monitor on. They found that I had ectopic beats and told me it was nothing to worry about. I've had a camera in my stomach, found mild gastritis and an abdominal ultrasound, all clear. My symptoms are palpitations, dizziness, strange vision like my eyes are over focusing, eyes floaters, gurgling stomach, pain in ribcage, feels like it's full, like pressure. My left ribcage hurts most days, feel like I'm spaced out a lot. What I call jelly legs where my legs feel weak but they aren't. The scariest recent symptom is I'll be fine, doing my job and from out of nowhere I'll get this weakness come over me, then I start to sweat then my chest, stomach and legs get this strange hot sensation. It's like you have a hot tap in your body and it gets turned on and floods your body with heat. I then get weak, shaky and after about five minutes it stops and I'm left feeling drained by it for the rest of the day. I'm assuming this is adrenaline. Why is it reacting like this when I don't feel anxious? It's a really horrible feeling. My Dr and I've seen five different ones about this, all say it's anxiety and that my tests are all good so it can't be anything serious. This has now been going on for nine months. I'm much better then I was and have had counseling for my anxiety, I refused the anxiety meds as I've got a family and kids and didn't want to be like a walking zombie from them. I'm on lansoprazole for my gastritis, but always feel fatigued and ill since this happened. I've accepted this could be anxiety, but it isn't easy to deal with. I have started body checking , my nails have changed since this too. Slightly indented and ridged. Dr said he wasn't worried about that and that I'm creating these symptoms because I've worried so much over the tachycardia that I've developed health anxiety and my body has become hypersensitive. Can anyone relate to any of this.. Has anyone had the hot flashes in their body? Thanks for reading.

Re: Diagnosed with mild gastritis and health anxiety after a tachycardia incident.

Quote Originally Posted by LED197 View Post
    Hi all. This is my story and was just wondering if anyone else has these symptoms. I'm 40 years old and a postie. Always had good health, no issues until Jan 2017. I was out on my round and suddenly felt very strange. Like I'd got an overwhelming sense of doom. I felt weak and shaky and my vision went weird and blurry. After a few weeks I decided to go to my GP and they discovered I had a resting heart rate of 140 bpm. I was sent to the ER and had bloods done and an ecg. All fine.. Told to go home and rest. Since this, I've has more blood tests for celiac disease, diabetes and full blood count. I've had a 24hr ecg monitor on. They found that I had ectopic beats and told me it was nothing to worry about. I've had a camera in my stomach, found mild gastritis and an abdominal ultrasound, all clear. My symptoms are palpitations, dizziness, strange vision like my eyes are over focusing, eyes floaters, gurgling stomach, pain in ribcage, feels like it's full, like pressure. My left ribcage hurts most days, feel like I'm spaced out a lot. What I call jelly legs where my legs feel weak but they aren't. The scariest recent symptom is I'll be fine, doing my job and from out of nowhere I'll get this weakness come over me, then I start to sweat then my chest, stomach and legs get this strange hot sensation. It's like you have a hot tap in your body and it gets turned on and floods your body with heat. I then get weak, shaky and after about five minutes it stops and I'm left feeling drained by it for the rest of the day. I'm assuming this is adrenaline. Why is it reacting like this when I don't feel anxious? It's a really horrible feeling. My Dr and I've seen five different ones about this, all say it's anxiety and that my tests are all good so it can't be anything serious. This has now been going on for nine months. I'm much better then I was and have had counseling for my anxiety, I refused the anxiety meds as I've got a family and kids and didn't want to be like a walking zombie from them. I'm on lansoprazole for my gastritis, but always feel fatigued and ill since this happened. I've accepted this could be anxiety, but it isn't easy to deal with. I have started body checking , my nails have changed since this too. Slightly indented and ridged. Dr said he wasn't worried about that and that I'm creating these symptoms because I've worried so much over the tachycardia that I've developed health anxiety and my body has become hypersensitive. Can anyone relate to any of this.. Has anyone had the hot flashes in their body? Thanks for reading.
    I know this is an old post, but I am feeling pretty much the same so I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this. Thanks x

Re: Diagnosed with mild gastritis and health anxiety after a tachycardia incident.

Quote Originally Posted by sial72 View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I am feeling pretty much the same so I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this. Thanks x
    I don’t know if the OP is still on here but I can attest for the symptoms too. Pure anxiety, they are describing panic attacks (one of the many ways they can show themselves) perfectly really. I feel exactly this when I’m out and about.

Anxiety doesn’t have to wait until you are in an anxious state to cause you to panic.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thread Information