Thread: I can’t do this anymore

I can’t do this anymore

I suffer from really bad stress. Lots of things have contributed to this along with being a natural worrier, but of late it has reached no heights (or depths ). I just don’t want to go on. Im so tired of stressing and not being able to get out of my own head. I can’t tell my husband as he thinks medication is the answer or he says “why do you stress? I don’t” - really not helpful.
    It’s got to the point that on the way to work that the temptation to walk in front of a lorry is really strong. Or just disappearing.

Re: I can’t do this anymore

Shelle, you need help, and my best advice would to be go and see you doctor. asap. Medication is sometimes neccersary, no shame in that, and counselling could help a great deal too, but you have to seek help. xx

Shelle,

I've sent you pm. thinking of you.

Why don't you give the samaritans a call. Just offload the whole lot on to them. That's what they are there for, to talk to when you have no one who understands.
    It's hard for partners to help when they have no real understanding of anxiety. Even if we have it, often we can't understand all the various manifestations if we don't suffer that particular thing. So non suffering partners have no chance really.

Don't be afraid of meds...if you need them, take them. Go see your doctor and while you are waiting for the appointment, ring up the samaritans.

Thread Information