Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

I have got so depressed and incredibly anxious over this. :(
    Last month I had waves of stomach pain, diarrhea which turned bloody for a few days then returned to normal colour, loss of appetite and nausea. The cramps went fairly quickly but the diarrhoea lasted for almost 3 weeks. A stool sample was taken which came back clear which was very weird and unsettling. I then recovered for 3 weeks but then had a bout of weird constipation where I felt the need to keep going to the toilet and was just passing small pellet like poo up to nine times. This happened twice last week and I haven't had it since. Now, I worry because my bum feels quite sore inside and it also feels like a bubble is trapped up there. I am terrified there is a mass or that it is Chrones or ulcerative colitis. I have no other symptoms except a slightly sore bottom and a bubble feeling. No pain at all.
    I have missed so much work due to the illness I originally had and can't miss anymore time. I spend all my freetime googling symptoms and end up having a panic attack :(
    I really am at my wits end.
    Please help.

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Hi First up Dr Google only enhances your anxiety so please try and refrain from this! Why should a clear test result be weird and upsetting I would be over the moon if it was me one less thing to worry about Personally It's just a virus going around probably Norovirus. So keep yourself hydrayted and warm and please seek help for your out of control HA speak to your dr ATB

I was worried it came back clear as I assumed it would give me some answers as to why I was so ill and why I had blood in my stools. The fact it didn't makes me worry it must be chrones or ulcerative colitis as that wouldn't show up on a stool sample.

You could have originally had something like gastroentiritis or a viral stomach bug or anything similar. Was the stool sample taken when you had the bloody diarrhea? If there was anything wrong in the stool sample it wouldn't have come back clear, but maybe the irritation is from the constipation you had (it can cause all kinds of irritations to your rectum, believe me I know lol). Going nine times will definitely cause inflammation and make you sore. I'd see what the doctor says, maybe they'll check for hemmorhoids (which can cause bleeding) or constipation and be able to reassure you

No the stool sample was taken after that. It's unfortunate because that would have provided me with some answers maybe.
    Maybe you are right that it is just my rectum which is irritated and nothing more sinister. I just worry about the bubble feeling as that seems really weird :(

Same as you, mate. I had terrible lower abdominal cramps 3 days ago and now I'm struggling with loose stools and I'm fearing bowel cancer. :(( dunno what to do... :(

The bubble feeling could be hemmoroids or it could be something called tenesmus which is the sensation of incomplete emptying - very common when you have constipation (and especially for anyone suffering from IBS). If it doesn't go away and you're worried I'd just mention it to the doctor to reassure you, if they can't feel anything there then it's probably not anything to worry about

My period just came on and the bubble feeling has gone for now but bum still feels sore. Hopefully it's just piles :(

Severe anxiety today. The bubble feeling/feeling the need to have a bowel movement is reduced but bum still feels sore. Terrified it is an inflammatory disease or bowel cancer. I have no stomach pains but maybe I have all that to come :(

Doesn't really sound like crohn's or ulcerative colitis. Both are very painful

Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information