Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,135 of 1135

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

OMG Jenni, there is too much negativity in you. FMP is right, go to another forum. Go find people with colitis. And go find success stories. Those who have been through it and got treated. Ive met a lot of stage 4 cancer patients who are given months to live but are more positive than you are. Ive feared cancer all my life and until now I am still scared but I went online and had the chance to meet terminal cancer patients and they are living their life to the fullest despite their circumstances. There are people and children in Africa who dont have water or food to eat. And here you are whining about your condition when you have resources and support. I pity you.

I suggest you don't judge me PP. You have no idea what I have been through and I am at the stage now where I am still struggling with the diagnosis and of being in pain. You don't have the right to judge how I feel.
    Nicola, the sedation didn't work. I remember seeing all the raw red patches and white mucus they refer to and I remember the severe cramping/the doctor saying how inflammed it all looked. I will tell him about it tomorrow as it worries me for the future.

**Admin, feel free to delete this if you feel I've crossed the line**

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousRN View Post
    OMG Jenni, there is too much negativity in you. FMP is right, go to another forum. Go find people with colitis. And go find success stories. Those who have been through it and got treated. Ive met a lot of stage 4 cancer patients who are given months to live but are more positive than you are. Ive feared cancer all my life and until now I am still scared but I went online and had the chance to meet terminal cancer patients and they are living their life to the fullest despite their circumstances. There are people and children in Africa who dont have water or food to eat. And here you are whining about your condition when you have resources and support. I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
    I suggest you don't judge me PP. You have no idea what I have been through and I am at the stage now where I am still struggling with the diagnosis and of being in pain. You don't have the right to judge how I feel.
    She's right. 100+ pages of doom and gloom on a thread titled Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer. Well you don't! You have colitis and you have one of the most negative attitudes I've come across. I'm a two time heart attack, triple bypass, stents and Stage IV cancer survivor. I also have colitis that flared up after a 20+ year remission and put on on my back and into the ER a few months ago. I also have a wife who suffered from a rare form of encephalitis that nearly killed her and left her permanently disabled with cognitive deficits so I know about pain both physically and mentally and dare I say I have 100X the positive attitude than you exhibit!

I know of TWO people here (you not included) that realized their worst fear (cancer) and are not only doing well but again, possess 100X a better attitude.

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we handle it" - Charles Swindoll

Battling any challenge in life comes down to attitude. More than half the battles we face in life come down to maintaining a positive attitude. A negative attitude will lead you down the road to defeat every time. Like Anxious RN, I've met many people with terminal cancer that faced their illness with more positivity and dignity. Yes, you got a diagnosis and despite what you thought it wasn't the worst case scenario (although you're bound and determined to make it so!). You stuck around to say "Told ya so". Now it's time to treat your condition and celebrate the fact it wasn't the worst case you feared.

Go treat your illness and at the same time, treat your mental health too. The mind and the body are strongly tied together and with your attitude, you run the risk of making things worse and prolonging your healing.

Good luck and as always....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Whose to say they aren't being negative and panicking on forums? In person I am calm and positive about the diagnosis just as I am sure the people you know with cancer are.
    It's hard to accept I have a chronic lifelong condition. All my family said I was ridiculous for thinking I had an IBD despite my symptoms and have even apologised to me as if they had supported me in getting a diagnosis sooner, I wouldn't be as bad as I am now. Not to mention the fact that I haven't had the emotional support from them that I needed.
    Yes this is an anxiety forum and a lot of people are way off in their assumptions of what they have but I was correct in knowing I had an IBD and I am thankful I listened to myself and not the countless people who told me it was nothing and that it was all in my head. It's not about being proved right and saying 'I told ya so' but this is what was said to me by the doctor. It IS severe and no, my symptoms were not just anxiety or an out of control infection like everyone was saying it was. Instincts should always be listened to. If I hadn't got this colonoscopy done privately when I did then I know without a doubt I would have ended up in hospital. That last week I had diarrhoea up to 12 times a day, 3 times at night, vomiting and couldn't keep the slightest bit of food down. I will always be eternally grateful to myself for pushing hard for a diagnosis and acting when I did. In a long winded way, people can come on here and they automatically get told they have anxiety which is causing their symptoms. It's understandable, it's an anxiety forum first and foremost but there can sometimes be real physical illnesses and diseases being posted about here and that needs to be remembered.

This is my last post on this as I can see it becoming nasty and stressing out isn't great for IBD. I want to thank those who have supported me and feel free to PM in the future.

You can also delete my comment if you feel like I went over at least Ive said my piece on this. I ve been following her thread but didnt comment before coz I feel all the negativity. Yes, you were right about your hunch. Yup u were right about your symptoms. You were diagnosed. Those are all facts. But constantly asking and expecting more bad things to happen to you is nothing but negativity. It wont help your situation a bit. You are in a pit hole, do everyhing to get yourself out of there and not dig a deeper hole. Sometimes helping people is not about siding with you and how your mind runs. Most of the time real friends and real people will tell you things that might hurt but can help. That is the reason I went and joined this forum. Fishmanpa is one of the people who put me back on my senses and I appreciate that. I am still struggling with anxiety but I can now handle it with more positivity.

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114

Thread Information