Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1135

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

My point wasn’t about who has it worse but I’ve had all of those things for months also (some of them for years) which is why I get where you are coming from. My point was I was freaking out majorly over blood as it’s the major symptom of cancer and thought I knew better than everybody else. I was trying to show you I’ve been where you are but again the point was missed.

I will no longer return to this thread as I am clearly not helping you.
    Last edited by Honeynut; 27-03-18 at 22:17.

I am not sure any of us can help at the moment to be honest. Jenni has to sort out her own feelings over all of this and has decided she is a really bad case and will have a bag at the end of it.

I am not sure telling you how bad I was would even help as it will just scare you more and fuel the fire but everyone is different. I had a heart attack at the same time as the Crohn's flareup and have had to deal with that as well. But I am still alive and living it the best I can and you can too.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Unfortunately, Jenni is too deep in the HA warren and only relates to negative outcomes.

I wouldn't upset yourself, Honeynut. Some people refuse to accept help - and that is their choice.
    What a shame that people who have obviously been through a hell of a lot yet have unselfishly given their time to try and offer support and guidance have been made to feel that whatever they say is pointless because you are too intent on having the worse case ever, Jenni.

Well, it is severe going by the letter I received.
    My consultant wrote to my doctor and said:

Jenni came into the hospital for a colonoscopy on the 19th March. She received intravenous sedation with midolazam (2.5mg) and fentanyl (50mcg).
    The diagnosis of colitis was immediately apparent. There were multiple small ulcers and erythema in a continuous distribution from the rectum and this extended at least, into the ascending colon. It was severe. There was associated muco pus.
    Biopsies have been taken from the rectum, left colon and right colon for histopathology.
    I expect this to confirm a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis. I have given Jenni a prescription for predisolone 30mg daily and mesalazine 800mg three times a day to treat her colitis.
    I look forward to reviewing the findings and clinical progress with her in due course.

So not just in my head, once again I was correct and I do have it severe. I am sure he will suggest a bag on Monday or say that I will definitely have to have one in the future. My colon is an absolute mess. Saw it for myself on the scope and he has confirmed it. I am really worried about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
    So not just in my head
    Then it's time to get off of here and find a forum for colitis sufferers

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 07-04-18 at 23:11.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If the op has a diagnosis I agree with FMP

It's all doom and gloom on those forums. I just wanted to post to show this hasn't all been in my head.

Jenni, I hope everything goes well for you with everything. I also hope you get a big fat apology from your GP and NHS trust.

Good Luck!!!!!

Thanks Matt x

They won't give you a bag on Monday - it doesn't work like that.

What did you see as I thought you were sedated and I was told you don't remember anything when you do get sedated. Not that it matters as they are the experts.

So it is Colitis not Crohn's and you will deal with it like the rest of us have to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast

Thread Information