Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: If you had blood/stool samples taken....

You aren't a victim though. Why not put yourself out of your misery by picking up the phone?

Listen at the narrative you write for yourself. "I'm a weak woman". You've decided you'll freak out irrationally if levels are even a bit high. It's like you've written yourself off. Would you speak to another human being like that? No. So why do you talk to yourself like that?

Any one of us would be scared by these kind of tests, and many of us have been in the same position. But if you ever have or have had therapy you'll learn that circumstances aren't what make us anxious, it's our thoughts and reactions to them. If you feed yourself the narrative you're weak and won't cope as well as others then this will be how it will be.

I'm an anxiety sufferer and I know the worst thing that sets this thing off, for me at least, is uncertainty. You have the power to end that uncertainty by picking up the phone and getting your results. You're in a weird limbo right now, fighting what your imagination says reality is when the power is there to get that certainty. You can phone and either get the all clear and put it behind you or - and hopefully this isn't the case - deal with what you need to.

And please don't read anything into what I've written about any likelihood of anything or otherwise in the tests - I haven't a clue. But you have the power to stop torturing yourself, and to stop talking yourself down.

At the end of the day it's up to you how you deal with this, and don't be hard on yourself however you play it. Let us know how you get on, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
    Only because I don't feel strong enough to do it. I am a weak woman :(
    No you aren't. You're a human being with concerns about their health. Someone worried about what they are going to be told. What you're going through is natural in those circumstances. You've convinced yourself its bad news so what do you have to lose? The days between now and Friday will still be anxious dreading it coming. But there is the same chance that a phone call could end the worry for you. If you cant face it is there anyone you can authorise to speak on your behalf?

Still not heard anything but maybe they just won't bother even if it is bad news.
    I am pretty sure I do have IBD. Have horrible indigestion and rib pain which is common in IBD and this morning I felt constipated again and at the end passed mucus only, again, another IBD symptom. Going back to the doctors if this ribpain doesn't stop. Need to accept I have a chronic illness but that is easier said then done.

Still not heard anything but maybe they just won't bother even if it is bad news.
    Doctors don't behave like that. You were told to phone up for results by your surgery. Stop passing the buck on to doctors by making out that they're incompetent or lazy - your anxiety is why you don't have the results yet.

I honestly don't think they will ring even if the result is abnormal. As I said, this rib/indigestion thing is so bad I wil have to go back to the doctor next week anyway. There I will be told the result was concerning

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    Doctors don't behave like that. You were told to phone up for results by your surgery. Stop passing the buck on to doctors by making out that they're incompetent or lazy - your anxiety is why you don't have the results yet.
    This right here is your answer.

Do you realise how hard doctors have to work to get where they are? Why would they knowingly throw away years of their life?

Why on earth would a doctor, someone who has dedicated their life to helping people, not bother to let you know if you have something wrong with you?

You haven't heard anything back because it it isn't serious.

Pregabalin 300mg

Perhaps Mindprison but I still think it is a bad result and they just won't bother telling me. I don't know how it works. I am pretty sure the policy is to ring if results not good/concerning but I wasn't told when my results were normal (1st stool test) so maybe they just leave it to you.

Perhaps Mindprison but I still think it is a bad result and they just won't bother telling me. I don't know how it works. I am pretty sure the policy is to ring if results not good/concerning but I wasn't told when my results were normal (1st stool test) so maybe they just leave it to you.
    So let me get this straight.

Their policy is to contact you if there's a problem, like every other doctor practice in the world.

They didn't contact you the first time because why would they? The results were NORMAL.

You haven't had the results back for these tests...why do you think that is?

Because they're normal?

Nah, must be lazy and incompetent doctors.

Why have you not phoned up for the results? You already know it won't be serious because if it was they would be trying to contact you.

Surely you must see that your anxiety is the problem here?
    Last edited by Mindprison; 11-01-18 at 13:15.

Pregabalin 300mg

I'm so confused by this. You have the power to ring up and get your results right now, but instead you choose to sit there torturing yourself with uncertainty and still allowing yourself imagine the worst.

I don't know how it works.
    You were told to ring for your results. That's how it works. But if it was life-threateningly serious I doubt they'd leave it... but the power is in your hands to find out.

Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread Information