Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

Re: Terrified I have Chrones or bowel cancer

I have no stomach pains or cramps but I am terrified that it is that and the anxiety feels overwhelming right now :(

Bum is stinging like mad, considering going to the walk in centre but I know they will want to do an anal examination and I am on my period. Feel like a massive panic attack is going to come on any minute :(

So I went to see a pharmacist and she said there is nothing visible she can see but that my butt looks sore inside. I am still worried she has missed internal piles as they can't be seen or felt but they go away on their own so I have heard so here's hoping it is just a rash which stings a lot.

Urgh, still panicking that it is the beginning of a pilondal cyst and that she just missed it/couldn't see it properly :( I know I have had this a week so by now it would be causing more pain and would have grown but the anxiety is building up and up.

Terrified

I can't breathe through panic. I have always been so healthy but back in October I had what I thought was a bug which caused stomach cramps to begin with, vile smelling sulfur gas and then diarrhoea which turned bloody for a few days but which returned to normal colour after a while. The whole thing went on for about 3 weeks. I then had a month of being perfectly well but then experienced a weird episode where I would need to go for a number 2 frequently but was only passing small pebbles at a time. That lasted 2 days and I then ended up with a weird swelling type pain in my bum which felt sore and noticed some blood in the toilet. Was told it was piles. That then led to this new bout of diarrhoea which has lasted a week and has me up in the night. My stomach bubbles and fizzes uncontrollably loud and also notice blood from time to time. I have the doctors again tomorrow but it is clear I have an inflammatory disease or cancer. I also know I will be referred but cannot wait for their appointments so will have to go private for a colonscopy. Does anyone know how much this will cost and wait times?
    Knowing my life is about to change forever is terrifying. I feel unbelievably sad and worried.

Re: Terrified

Hi Is this what the dr has said to you. That you have a inflammatory disease? Or because you have googled it? ( which is not recommended) I will add you need to get your HA sorted out as it wont go away on it's own and you will keep suffering from it. ATB

Re: Terrified

They haven't said that yet but diarrhoea which comes and goes, rectal pain (Gone now but did have it), occassional blood in stools and vile smelling gas are all signs of an inflammatory disease and I know that will be discussed tomorrow. I am so frightened. I know people say don't jump the gun but life is already tough enough as it is without adding a chronic illness into the mix :(

Why would doctor ask me this?

I am panicking big time. I had an illness back in October which lasted three weeks, stomach cramps to start with, bloody diarrhoea for a few days followed by diarrhoea which went on forever. I got better for a month then had a weird incident where I was passing small pebbles of stool regularly that went on for two days followed by what I thought was piles as had pain in my bottom and was bleeding slightly when I went to the toilet. The piles went then I started almost having a repeat of what happened back in October. Vile smelling gas and diarrhoea. Went back to the doctors today and she now suspects an inflammatory disease. I have no stomach pain, a previous stool sample came back clear and two physical checks of my stomach done by the doctor have come back fine.
    Today, I had bloods taken and have to do another 2 stool samples, one being for inflammation which I had to suggest to her as she wouldn't have done it otherwise. :(
    After she checked my stomach, she asked me if I had lost weight which I have and then asked me about my periods. Why would she ask me about that? I am now panicking that she thinks it may be ovarian cancer or something and the survival rates for that are incredibly low :(
    I am 32 and have no children if that helps with how to answer this.

Re: Why would doctor ask me this?

You sound like you could have ulcerative colitis, don't panic its not as bad as it sounds, I have had it about 8 years and the first couple of flares are the worst then it eases off, or it could be just plain old food poisoning, have you had a camera yet, that is the easiest way to confirm this, shes asking about periods so she can judge if your anaemic I would think, when do you see her again

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

I have also moved them to a more relevant forum.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information